Got to hang with the valve queen today

• Thread starter Thread starter Further LO
  • Start date Start date
F
Further LO
As always it is great to see and hang with Laura. She retubed my quickrod, I got to check out some 6ca7s and few preamp tubes . We ended up going with a gold lion in v 2 of 3 pre quickrod. This tube sounds unreal in this amp,it is night and day diffrence then the ruby high gain that was in it. I never thought 1 tube would make such a diffrence, I was wrong.

Thanks for everything Laura, l

Good hanging with you Randy. Nothing will beat the thread we had a few years about you "playing with my juggy's" (referring to the 2 Gutierrez Juggernaut's that I had at the time). Dear Lord, folks took that way too seriously and for whatever reason the HCAF police took it down. :thumbsdown: :lol: :LOL:

Laura made my Pittbull 45 very happy. Once I stuck a nice 12AT7 in V1 I found heaven. Them silly glass bottles...

She is pretty cool, despite her obsession with pugs. They're just sooo... pugly.

MetalTerrorist":15xy7ijv said:
Laura made my Pittbull 45 very happy. Once I stuck a nice 12AT7 in V1 I found heaven. Them silly glass bottles...

She is pretty cool, despite her obsession with pugs. They're just sooo... pugly.
My grandma (in-law) met my first pug and said, "Why he's so ugly he's cute". :thumbsup:

IMG_0091.jpg

I'm fairly ugly and no one says that about me. Do I need a tail?

Further LO":3uru1mhf said:
As always it is great to see and hang with Laura. She retubed my quickrod, I got to check out some 6ca7s and few preamp tubes . We ended up going with a gold lion in v 2 of 3 pre quickrod. This tube sounds unreal in this amp,it is night and day diffrence then the ruby high gain that was in it. I never thought 1 tube would make such a diffrence, I was wrong.

Thanks for everything Laura, l

I know it shouldn't, but for some reason, this post makes me a bit horny. :shocked:

Seems you had fun like a kid in the candy store... the retubing of your quickrod must just have been the icing on the cake! :D

there are so many double entendres that could be used here....

where at in ohio are you laura?

yeti":1xng8xcs said:
there are so many double entendres that could be used here....

where at in ohio are you laura?
Near Columbus. I don't run a store front at this point but I do some re-tubes for quite a few local musicians.

Laura, can you tell us more about the Gold Lion 12ax7? I was thinking of trying at least one of these in my XTC. Good match, or would I probably do just as well to go with some cheap Chinese like they come stock?

sorry, i know this isnt a dog thread but i had to post this, haha

283951_266123686746875_1761503_n.jpg

:lol: :LOL:

se7en":1ecryj6p said:
Laura, can you tell us more about the Gold Lion 12ax7? I was thinking of trying at least one of these in my XTC. Good match, or would I probably do just as well to go with some cheap Chinese like they come stock?
The big thing I noticed with Randy's QR is that it sounded much more alive, warmer and more articulate with the GL in comparison the Ruby (Chinese). I like Chinese pre's but I find them to be a bit harsh and bright in some amps (especially when the amp has all Chinese preamp tubes).

Where are the gold lion pre's made? Weve got a set of kt88's in one of our band marshalls and theyre killer

Back