gotta love it when you find strange marks on your guitar.

• Thread starter Thread starter flying_high
  • Start date Start date
flying_high
flying_high
so i start playing my new guitar today (been kept in perfect condition by me) and i notice a dent and a strange black mark (speerate) on the binding. its always so sad when you find the first scratch/dent/etc on a new guitar.

im noticing a bunch of minute marks now on the head stock...something seems off. maybe i missed this when i recieved the guitar or something.

Someone been playing your stuff without your knowledge? :?

Sorry,it sounds like you wanted to keep the guitar pristine. I chipped a key on my 88 key Roland synth the first day I got it. That bothered the heck out of me for weeks.

hahha well it lasted almost 2 weeks.

last guitar i got was shoved into the metal joints of a portable guitar case by someone "who kept trying but couldnt get it to fit).

im hoping noone was playing it.

you have to do what i do. if you dont want people touching it lock it up. i used to have mine on display on floor stands in my entertainment room in the basement. thats where most of my amps are. so everything is on display. i have a rules list up on the door before you even enter the basment. it says rule 1 DO NOT TOUCH ANY GUITAR OR AMP OR ANYTHING REALATED TO THE GUITAR OR AMP.
and the first day my buddies came over they read the list and walked downstairs. i was upstairs getting snacks. and no sooner do they get down there someone picks up my gibson LP supreme and plugs into a marshall stack. and less than a min later all i here is WHAM. he used a 5' cord and walked 6 feet away. pulling the head off the stack and the 1960A cab. the head fell sidways and smashed on the floor. and the cab landed on my gibson LP standard. snapping the neck and smashing the cab. i ran down there so fast i almost fell down the stairs. i saw what happened. he was just standing there with a blank stare and i started swearing like a madman. and when i was done i said you owe me 5 grand.

and now all my guitars are locked up in wall mounted cases. and all my cords are in a safe.

I chipped my Schecter about a week after I got it. The finish is so nice. I was real pissed at myself, but it just adds character.

marshall_law":9a99f said:
you have to do what i do. if you dont want people touching it lock it up. i used to have mine on display on floor stands in my entertainment room in the basement. thats where most of my amps are. so everything is on display. i have a rules list up on the door before you even enter the basment. it says rule 1 DO NOT TOUCH ANY GUITAR OR AMP OR ANYTHING REALATED TO THE GUITAR OR AMP.
and the first day my buddies came over they read the list and walked downstairs. i was upstairs getting snacks. and no sooner do they get down there someone picks up my gibson LP supreme and plugs into a marshall stack. and less than a min later all i here is WHAM. he used a 5' cord and walked 6 feet away. pulling the head off the stack and the 1960A cab. the head fell sidways and smashed on the floor. and the cab landed on my gibson LP standard. snapping the neck and smashing the cab. i ran down there so fast i almost fell down the stairs. i saw what happened. he was just standing there with a blank stare and i started swearing like a madman. and when i was done i said you owe me 5 grand.

and now all my guitars are locked up in wall mounted cases. and all my cords are in a safe.

Did your friends pay for the damages? I would have beat the shit out of them!

marshall_law":beb86 said:

can you chew your 3 year old son for such a thing :?
3 of my favorite vintage hawian dobos were jumped on
and smashed flat from his butt and i wont go into the jcm 800 and strat
thing guess every father pays the price of not locking the stuff up :(

Shortly after I got my Strat I banged the headstock into the low ceiling in the room where we play music, leaving a chunk of drywall embedded in the clearcoat.

My Fender Custom Shop 70's-ish Strat WILL have the drywall, though..

Back