Great Deal on Strings SDOTD Musician's Friend

• Thread starter Thread starter ewill52
  • Start date Start date
Dang, wish they would offer different gauges on these deals. I use 10s on a few of my guitars, but most are 11s or 12s. Love DR strings though, so I still might pick them up...

I always get the DR deal, they usually last me until the next deal

Ohhh you fancy tho!!
Those strings are cool. Gonna get myself couple packs, they are at more adequate price at Thomann and my relatives from Germany are visiting soon.

Also I encountered some confusion. On my new guitar I have “factory” installed 10-52 set of D’addarios, and they feel boomier/more bass than on my other guitar strung with 10-50 Thomastik Power Brights. I wonder is it strings or just the guitar itself having a fatter bottom end.

I was thinking to maybe get couple 9-46 packs this time, but thing is I don’t have plenty money to just throw at different sets unknowingly.

Couple of my friends who are better mucisians than me say to go for a thinner gauge, but I am clueless.

One of them also says that he keeps his “practice” guitar strung much heavier that “perfomance” guitar, not to get hands used to lighter gauge. Is there any logic to it?

Do we have a proper thread on the cause? Search just gives too much of threads that led me to nothing lol

Those strings are cool. Gonna get myself couple packs, they are at more adequate price at Thomann and my relatives from Germany are visiting soon.

Also I encountered some confusion. On my new guitar I have “factory” installed 10-52 set of D’addarios, and they feel boomier/more bass than on my other guitar strung with 10-50 Thomastik Power Brights. I wonder is it strings or just the guitar itself having a fatter bottom end.

I was thinking to maybe get couple 9-46 packs this time, but thing is I don’t have plenty money to just throw at different sets unknowingly.

Couple of my friends who are better mucisians than me say to go for a thinner gauge, but I am clueless.

One of them also says that he keeps his “practice” guitar strung much heavier that “perfomance” guitar, not to get hands used to lighter gauge. Is there any logic to it?

Do we have a proper thread on the cause? Search just gives too much of threads that led me to nothing lol
It depends on the guitar and how you are gonna use it. I like thicker strings when I play a lot of chords and fail at playing jazz stuff. On my Fenders (Tele and Strat) I like 11's.On my Jackson, I like 9's or 10's for widdly shit.

It depends on the guitar and how you are gonna use it. I like thicker strings when I play a lot of chords and fail at playing jazz stuff. On my Fenders (Tele and Strat) I like 11's.On my Jackson, I like 9's or 10's for widdly shit.
Wait, is there anything else besides riffs? What is that jazz thing you mentioned? 😂

Both my guitars are fixed bridge Superstrats, 25.5 scale, one bolt on an one set neck. I probably just buy myself more of those 10-50 packs then.

I usually buy the D'Addario's when the put them up for sale. About the same price.

Back