ground loop issues...

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
What a pain in the dick. When running two amps, one is extremely noisy as expected. The only thing I'm doing different is I'm running a boss ms-3 in the loop of my tremoverb. The ms-3 has a built in noise suppressor. Checked my outlet....it's good. Running a surge protector from there with everything plugged into it. 60 cycle is coming from the ultra +. Pulled the input cable to the front of the ultra and it's gone. Running wet dry basically and splitting signal with a tc mimiq. Tried a cheap 3 prong to 2 prong adapter and that did nothing surprisingly. So anyway I ordered a cheap two channel passive hum eliminator for now. Maybe I'll add a dedicated noise suppressor pedal in the pedal chain in the future as well. Anybody have any experience or suggestions? Eventually want to go W/D/W but limited for now.
Thanks!

This is my two amp setup, works great, completely silent.
343767135_1345798515967952_6901260792960555068_n.jpg

been texting back and forth with alund and will be trying a couple things today. thinking that using the mimiq as a splitter is the culprit.

fixed. alund helped me work it out. also ordered a cheap pyle 2 channel hum eliminator off amazon and it killed the ground loop noise from amp #2. mimiq is for trade now. with the ms-3 it's redundant.

fixed. alund helped me work it out. also ordered a cheap pyle 2 channel hum eliminator off amazon and it killed the ground loop noise from amp #2. mimiq is for trade now. with the ms-3 it's redundant.
Idk that I helped in a way that you would not have figured it out yourself BUT this is why I like this forum; searching ideas, words, cables, history…. It’s a big think tank.

Back