Ground-Zero teasing something big...

ChuggNorris

Says mesa type mod preamp with marshall type power amp.

Maybe they could redeem themselves here because the hellion just isn't voiced pleasantly at all. They took it over the edge in a bad way and it lost more than it gained tonally.

As with most things, there will be honey moon phases and then later you see if people keep them or not....

But this looks like it would be better than what they've been doing for "my tastes" anyway.

😶‍🌫️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240622_155600_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240622_155600_Samsung Internet.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 176
Says mesa type mod preamp with marshall type power amp.

Maybe they could redeem themselves here because the hellion just isn't voiced pleasantly at all. They took it over the edge in a bad way and it lost more than it gained tonally.

As with most things, there will be honey moon phases and then later you see if people keep them or not....

But this looks like it would be better than what they've been doing for "my tastes" anyway.

😶‍🌫️

You must have complete shit for hearing if you think the Hellion sounds bad. Your opinion is completely useless. Go play in traffic.

I honestly can't stand the guy or his shitty amps.

I just hear a completely neutered marshall wannabe in the hellion. It went too far to the transgender side of things. Lost dynamics. Uber Ultra definitely does it better. I think they strayed from what was making them cool and took it too far..like most do. "Make it tighter more aggressive" to compensate for people with weak technique who want instant attack without working for it... to achieve that you have to sacrifice dynamics. Its science 🤷

All I'm saying is, hopefully they don't do the same shit with the new idea and make it sound gutless when sat next to a Diezel or Bogner. I've seen more quick flips on hellions than I have alot of other amps that's for sure.

I think he builds very quality amps.
I just don't like where he went with the voicing and it's been done to death now anyway. Let's have a tasty toneful amp instead of a gain monster tailored for lazy ass players with featherlite right hands.

🥤👌

I just hear a completely neutered marshall wannabe in the hellion. It went too far to the transgender side of things. Lost dynamics. Uber Ultra definitely does it better. I think they strayed from what was making them cool and took it too far..like most do. "Make it tighter more aggressive" to compensate for people with weak technique who want instant attack without working for it... to achieve that you have to sacrifice dynamics. Its science 🤷

All I'm saying is, hopefully they don't do the same shit with the new idea and make it sound gutless when sat next to a Diezel or Bogner. I've seen more quick flips on hellions than I have alot of other amps that's for sure.

I just don't like where he went with the voicing and it's been done to death now anyway. Let's have a tasty toneful amp instead of a gain monster tailored for lazy ass players with featherlite right hands.

🥤👌
Dude.....there is no "they". He is a one man operation.

Dude.....there is no "they". He is a one man operation.

I say "we" when explaining how I will do something, with customers sometimes. It's a habbit. "We will get this taken care of for you" even though its just me. I'm not trying to latch onto a single name, maybe he has a helper. Who knows. I'll keep saying "they" because thats always a safe bet and hard to get offended over. I think. 🫠 I know I talk to my invisible friends and helpers. How rude would I be to not include his?

Anyway, they need to definitely not install that somehow nylon metallic chirp on pick attack. They did that because people want what good pick attack gives without having to do it. Which made it overbearing for anyone who picks hard, it's too pronounced because its built into the voicing so much. This allows even a bedroom wanker with the hands of a kitten to sound "boosted & brutalZ" ... and it killed the actual musical qualities that are inherit in a more dynamic voiced amp with room for player input.

This is where I can say the herbert really shines. Almost as dynamic as a deliverance responds to input very well. Amps like a hellion take that away from the equation and serve it all up front with way too much hair around the edges that can't be dialed out. Some guys love the way that feels, and some guys prefer a cold harsh core tone. I think it sounds unmusical and shitty which is more important than feel to me, because I can play a sponge or tight amp the same and enjoy both ways. So I prioritize sound over feel, if it sounds bad it's hard to feel good about it anyway
... 🤏

🥤👌
“tailored for lazy ass players with featherlite right hands”

Dude, you play a Diezel Herbert. Your right hand may be super strong, but it’s certainly not from your amp choices. Calm down on the insults.

Last edited:
I think some good points are being brought up, even if i dont agree with the application. I do think there are a lot of soft pickers, and it makes my guitar boner soft. If the hellion isnt for someone, thats fine. I like tight amps and i like punch. But i am gonna try to cut the strings in two with the pick and dig in because that is where the magic is.

“tailored for lazy ass players with featherlite right hands”

Dude, you play a Diezel Herbert. Your right hand may be super strong, but it’s certainly not from your amp choices. Calm down on the insults.

Hello my friend. But you have no idea my amp lineage. The Herbert is the latest. And I have much experience to compare it with... it's very dry depending on what you do with the gain and high end. Not VHT dry. But it can be dry. Most dynamic amps will have this ability to do it better than others. Take a cobra for example, not dynamic. Brutal, not dynamic. Then compare it to a deliverance 120, dynamic as fuck, brutal depending on how hard you play it. That's input dynamics. Some like it some don't.

And no, I'm a left handed wanker so... it actually is from my technique alone on the right hand afterall.

Oh and from pimp slapping the shiznit outt you in the..
💀RiffWAR💀
...you just got challenged to... what's up big dookie?? Ehhh?

Let the chops be your weapons... let my ears & my eyes be your target... witchō BOOTYHEDAZZ 👺

I'm all in on picking hard af and trying to have the right hand of Hetfield but talking shit about an amp you never owned knowing the builder is a regular in this forum... I agree with Metlupass2, not cool.

When it's the truth, not so much.
So... there goes that argument.

🤝

I think some good points are being brought up, even if i dont agree with the application. I do think there are a lot of soft pickers, and it makes my guitar boner soft. If the hellion isnt for someone, thats fine. I like tight amps and i like punch. But i am gonna try to cut the strings in two with the pick and dig in because that is where the magic is.

When I think about "tone is in the fingers" I know what that means to me. And know I can make an amp one guy swears is loose and shitty on the low end and palms sound chunky and good with settings and picking like a grown ass man. It slightly chaps my ass watching guys "demo" high gain amps and not having the ability to pick dynamically. It drastically hinders the ability to show what the amp can do without piling on more gain and precense to compensate.. and or a boost.. to also compensate for you not liking the amp on its natural state.

I like to think I reach inside an amp and pull its soul out through the speakers. Guys who lay their little hand on the guitar and just sorta "phone it in" while running a boost pedal or tons of gain are in my opinion the very reason you even have a Hellrazor, Hellion type circuit floating around. You put a heavy picker on those amps and suddenly you can't dial the string chirp outta the attack and it sits there in a bad way... they removed the dynamics of the amp to compensate for the other crowd.

I just happen to not be one of those people and I'm all about whoopin some Riff-Ass around here to any of the cult members 👺

I don't know enough about Mesa Rectos, where does the boomy low end come from? The power amp or the preamp?

Curious how this experiment turns out.

Back