Guitar wireless systems...

• Thread starter Thread starter danhops
  • Start date Start date
danhops
danhops
Dont know about that one, but I am selling a Sennheiser Digital 1000 for $200 shipped if your interested.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":1668c said:
>|<>QBB<

I AM!!! Are those really good units? I think they're discontinued, but do they sound really good? Also, do you have the rack thingy or anything like that?
Its supposedly the digital technology that was in the original X Wire unit. I do have the rack ears as well. It has velcro on the bottom as I had it on my pedal board.

I've done 3 gigs (3 sets a night) with the new X2...it's great. No loss of gain, no drop outs, nothing to adjust. I tried 3 other higher end systems and they all had severe limitations. I love the new one...and they're $350!

The new X2 is 24 bit vs. 20 bit on the older one...big difference.

Drop me a PM if you want it Chris. If not, I may just hang on to it or pop it on Ebay.

>|<>QBB<
Bantam Menace":967a2 said:
I've done 3 gigs (3 sets a night) with the new X2...it's great. No loss of gain, no drop outs, nothing to adjust. I tried 3 other higher end systems and they all had severe limitations. I love the new one...and they're $350!

The new X2 is 24 bit vs. 20 bit on the older one...big difference.
That looks cool and your testimonial sounds good. I have had a few wirelesses over the years and always sold them because they sound like crap. I dig this one because it can easily fit on a pedal board and be powered by it as well. I may end up snagging one of these.... :D

I zip tied mine to the front of my rack, makes it easy to run the output right into an amp.

It's very cool, no external antennae on either the transmitter or receiver. The receiver is powered by a PSA-120 or equivalent...I did 6 sets on one 9 volt and it shows it's got 3 hrs left.

I'm still rocking my Nady 201 from 1993. Have never had any problems with it, and no tone suckage. You can pick them up off eBay for under $100.

Yeah, once my new band starts playing out, I'm getting a wireless... no doubt about it.

I have a sennheiser EW172 - kicks ass. Transmitter and receiver are metal, except for transmitter door. Sounds great, uses 2 aa, so far used it for 2 gigs on 'stock' batteries, still have over 1/2 power left. Paid $425 out the door from GC.

>|<>QBB<
stratotone":10f4e said:
I have a sennheiser EW172 - kicks ass. Transmitter and receiver are metal, except for transmitter door. Sounds great, uses 2 aa, so far used it for 2 gigs on 'stock' batteries, still have over 1/2 power left. Paid $425 out the door from GC.

I love mine...don't underestimate the greatness of AA vs. 9V.

The only thing that bugs the fuck out of me is that to rackmount the EW172 you have to buy two items (as far as I understand it) - the rackmount adapter and these cables that enable the antennae to be moved from the back of the unit the front. This all ends up around $100, which is pretty weak IMO. Otherwise its a great unit.

>|<>QBB<
Rayneman":7400f said:
>|<>QBB<

I love mine...don't underestimate the greatness of AA vs. 9V.

The only thing that bugs the fuck out of me is that to rackmount the EW172 you have to buy two items (as far as I understand it) - the rackmount adapter and these cables that enable the antennae to be moved from the back of the unit the front. This all ends up around $100, which is pretty weak IMO. Otherwise its a great unit.

Mine is mounted with zip ties under my pedaltrain pro. :D

Pete

The X2 has a range of 20hz to only 12khz. Isn't that top end kind of low?

I think that's more then we need....for example, V30s top out at 5k. The lower range is around 80hz or so...

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":38700 said:
Anyone used one of these?

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2006/X2-Digital-Wireless-XDS95.html

Sure looks interesting... I may be buying a wireless system in the near future, and even though I don't want to spend $500 on a unit, I also don't want some cheap crap that totally colors my tone. I gave up on the middle range wireless systems a while back, but am ready to try again.

So, does that unit above look interesting to anyone else?
Chris, Im a HUGE fan of the X2!! its made by the guy who made one of the best wirelesses out there; The Xwire...

You can pick it up for 350 shipped from American Music and the really cool thing is that the reciever is the size of a pedal and will fit on your board perfectly...

FWIW, I had the Sennheiser D1000, it was a great unit but to me, this one is a bit better and doesnt chew through batteries like the D1000. I cant knock the Sennheiser at all, to me the X2 is just better for variety of reasons...

I cant recommend it highly enough...

Kage

>|<>QBB<
Rayneman":f8498 said:
>|<>QBB<

Same with my Shure ULX

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":5aef0 said:
>|<>QBB<

Very cool! So I assume you have an X2? I think I'll simplify my rig a little for this new job and I may only have a pedalboard and no rack. That means the X2 would be perfect for the board!
Yes I do, I truly think that its the best wireless in its Class and then some... Having the reciever on the board negates an extra long run of cable but you knew that; Ive seen you do it before...

To be honest, The D1000 at 200 bucks is hard to beat for the performance(and the price) that you get( didnt you have one?!?!?) However, the size of the the X2's reciever is a definite plus and they have great customer service...

I sold my D1000 to get the X2 and I couldnt be happier...

I went with the sennheiser just because of GC's return policies... I figured I could at least play a few gigs with it and see if it was a POS or not. I really like it, but the X2 looks awesome also.

Pete

I've got one of the Sennheiser EW172 G2's and I've got one of the older 9 volt versions that I used for several years and I couldn't be happier.

That said, that X2 thing looks really good to me, I like the idea of it being on the pedalboard.

Back