Heads up to Soldano Collectors!

• Thread starter Thread starter hellzington
  • Start date Start date
Not only did Mesa steal the SLO circuit…but the chrome chassis too. I mean they really didn’t even try to cover it up
Stole the preamp circuit... absolutely.
Power amp is very different.

Regardless... a SLO and Recto sound nothing alike so that would equal being a different amp to most folk.

Didn't Marshall steal the Fender circuit too?

Not too much here is original when you look at all amps.
The Uberschall is effectively a Marshall power section too

I'm only 30 mins from this guys shop, but I also don't have pockets deep enough.

I don't think they stole the whole preamp. I'm pretty sure the tone stack on a Recto is pretty different. Also... which mode on the Recto? Vintage or Modern? Because both sound pretty different. So is the loop. And the bold/spongy thing makes it sound different too. Also, red vs. orange.

Not to defend the undefendable, but I'm pretty sure the rip off is not as blatant as it's sometimes made out to be.

I agree, though. Intelectual theft is intelectual theft. But I'm pretty sure a Recto is not and was never just an SLO with a different poweramp.

Very cool! To be honest the price isn't out of control from what I've seen on rare Soldanos. I'd buy it if I had the cash.

Very cool! To be honest the price isn't out of control from what I've seen on rare Soldanos. I'd buy it if I had the cash.
I agree with you.
I was surprised with the price too.
I figured it was going to be higher.

This would be cool but I look at it as collectible only. Play in the secret locked up collection room.

m pretty ignorant to the whole SLO thing. Can someone fill me in as to what’s so rare about this one? Look like a regular pre BAD build .

m pretty ignorant to the whole SLO thing. Can someone fill me in as to what’s so rare about this one? Look like a regular pre BAD build .
Look at the Reverb ad.
One of the pics is a typed letter explaining...

Look at the Reverb ad.
One of the pics is a typed letter explaining...
There is no letter that I can see. Just amp pics.

I think I see what’s going on. It looks like the listing was taken down since it was sold? So it’s just listing some other slo for sale.

The picture of it below. I suspect this will come up again. I learned to take pics of uncommon shit so we can have for future evidence or info.

Attachments

• DDA3DD5F-1EE0-42E9-8146-A8912FA29A3C.png
    DDA3DD5F-1EE0-42E9-8146-A8912FA29A3C.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
That would be a neat piece to own for sure! Lots of history there......sold very quickly!

From what I have seen some new heads go for, a hair under $10k for this seemed like a deal.

Back