Help Locking Tuner Rod Stuck

braintheory

On one of my guitars with locking tuners the shaft is stuck on one of the 6 so I can’t put a string through the hole. It’s at my tech now. He tried using something as lubricant. No luck yet. Do you guys have any possible solutions/tips? Thanks

On one of my guitars with locking tuners the shaft is stuck on one of the 6 so I can’t put a string through the hole. It’s at my tech now. He tried using something as lubricant. No luck yet. Do you guys have any possible solutions/tips? Thanks
Remove the tuner, get some 3in1 and work it loose.

What do you mean by stuck? As in someone cranked it down too tight without a string in it? Or there is a string in it and it won’t loosen?

Try to work the string back and forth, and once you get the string out, use a tiny bit of machine oil.

Depends what causing the issue but removing it and using some compressed air to push the rod down might work

Reactions: Geo
I would let the 3-n-1 oil sit overnight, then use a seal pick to GENTLY work the locking post from either side of the string hole to try to free it. I am presuming that the button on the back of the tuner is already loosened, but the locking post is stuck in the ferrul.

I would let the 3-n-1 oil sit overnight, then use a seal pick to GENTLY work the locking post from either side of the string hole to try to free it. I am presuming that the button on the back of the tuner is already loosened, but the locking post is stuck in the ferrul.
He did let it sit overnight and still no luck, but I’ll ask about a seal pick. Good idea. And yes exactly, the button on the bottom of the tuner works fine, just the shaft to hold the string in place got stuck somehow

Maybe throw it in the freezer to shrink the metals. I would think as it thaws the outside would expand in size and the inside would stay shrunk. And allow it whatever’s in there to pass.

Throw a rag on the tuner handle and grab a big fucking wrench. Either it comes loose or you replace it.

I would get new tuner. He has far exceeded the price in labor. Even if he gets it to work, cant be in good shape

1721769199131.png

Back