Help me with my EMG's, Please!

• Thread starter Thread starter CaseyCor
  • Start date Start date
C
CaseyCor
Hey everyone,
About 3 months ago, I installed an 85 and a 60 into my POS Slammer Les Pual (don't make fun of me :() and I've never been satisfied with it. Since installing them, I've lost the ability to get pinch harmonics (it's literally impossible with the pups, and I know it's not my technique because I can do it easily on any other guitar, including others with EMGs) and note-separtaion/clarity is horrible. I just don't get the tone I'm looking for. Could it be a sodering problem? Or maybe my pickups are too high/low? What should I do here?

Thanks a lot,
-Casey

with EMG's you gotta have em as close to the strings as possible. That could be it, but i had the same problem as you when my battery was ready for a change!

Have you tried a different brand new battery?

I've heard that your supposed to have them as close as possible, and I've also heard that's false. A battery change is definatly going to happen tonite. I'm just looking for some thoughts in case that doesn't help.

Change the battery. Use your ears when it comes to setting the pickup height.

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":fbc40 said:
I've heard that your supposed to have them as close as possible, and I've also heard that's false. A battery change is definatly going to happen tonite. I'm just looking for some thoughts in case that doesn't help.

Deffo try the battery first, and if that doesnt solve the problem then let us know!

FWIW I personally found EMG's work best when theyre as close as possible to the strings. Particularly for harmonics and clarity!

When I first installed my EMGs I had them connected wrong. Changed the pin on the volume pot where the "hot" was connected and all was well.

So, maybe triple check your wiring. Pinch harmonics should fly off your guitar with the EMGs.

Back