Herbert MK1 ch3 squeals

• Thread starter Thread starter 6string_highway
  • Start date Start date
6string_highway
6string_highway
Hi,
Had a diezel Herbert mk1. Both Ch1 and ch2 are just fine. Its just when I use ch3 having its gain past 12:00 where the squeals occurs below that its just fine. Even with no guitar plugged it squeals, I am suspecting its a capacitor issue. Has anyone experience the same as mine.

Til someone answers that knows, i would change out preamp tube in v2 and see if that fixes it

1000002367.png

I'll try replacing the v2 pre amp tomorrow. Hopefully it will fix though I doubt that this is a tube pre issue, had some tube microphonic issue with my roadster and JVM before and this diezel issue is diff. Since ch2 is working and ch3 with gain below 12:00 is working as well. And no popping sound or fry sounding that associates a microphonic tube.

I'll try replacing the v2 pre amp tomorrow. Hopefully it will fix though I doubt that this is a tube pre issue, had some tube microphonic issue with my roadster and JVM before and this diezel issue is diff. Since ch2 is working and ch3 with gain below 12:00 is working as well. And no popping sound or fry sounding that associates a microphonic tube.
I hope it is a tube. Such a simple fix

Replaced the v1 and v2 preamp tube and still got the squealing issue. hopefully the capacitor change this weekend will solve this annoying issue.

Hi @Peter Diezel good day! Can you help do a trouble shoot with my Diezel Herbert Mk. I had replaced a capacitor that has a leakage and it solves the issue on CH3 that squels but now ch2 has no distortion with low volume and crackling sound compared to ch1 and 3 . I already replaced the pre amp tubes to no avail. Any inputs is greatly appreciated. thanks

Back