Holy Shit Richtone is awesome

• Thread starter Thread starter flametal
  • Start date Start date
flametal
flametal
So I walk into my practice studio and instead of the usual crap amps I see a richtone. Apparently the guys at richtone are friends with the owners of the studio and donated a couple of amps for promotion purposes. All I have to say is what sweet tone. It reminded me of a Marshall with slightly lower mids and a bigger bottom end. Honestly I think the promotion stratagy worked cause I have serious gas.

So is it high gain? Sounds like a cross between a Recto and a Marshall? Their website is not up and I can't find any reviews. Head, combo, features? Ahhh, found a different link that works.... http://www.richtoneamps.com/ ...sounds more like a classic rock amp. Looks very well made.

Those are some gorgeous looking amps and cabs.

What would you say it's tone is geard toward? Thesite doesn't say where to buy or give a price wonder what they go for?

They are apparently very pricey. I am not sure if you would call it a traditional high gain amp not for death metal or something but I got some really great highish gain crunch out of it, may need a boost for some really high-gain territory. My Mark III definately has more gain. I might bring in a laptop and make clips next time I am there. They reminded me a bit of an orange but with a bit more slug. If I get the opprotunity to make clips I certainly will.

Back