How about Truck Driver Shawn?? 🍔🚚

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuggNorris
  • Start date Start date
ChuggNorris
ChuggNorris
I remember seeing this dude doing demos in a bedroom next to a bunk bed ages ago. Looks like he's made some growth to the social media aspect.... has numerous "signature gear"... lol

Other than the random whining about companies not sending him gear, not too bad of a step up from where I remember seeing him last. If this guy can do it, SO CAN YOU. #believe

I realize he is playing the song wrong because HATEBREED typically played in a standard configuration, but nothing new here.

Anyway, what are you guys opinion about Ole TDS here on RT? Never see mentions of the guy. 🤔

I also agree with this part in many ways.

Especially when the whining about not having gear sent to him and the posts that read "This is a perk of being an endorsed artist having your own signature gear" thing he tends to do lol.

But, that's one of his things I guess.

Edit:
Is dude a member on here???
Probably lurks under a name 🤔

Last edited:
Saw Cannibal Corpse open (WTF?) for Hatebreed over 10 years ago. I lasted 1/2 song before I walked out on Hatebreed lol. If those guys put half the effort into their music that they do into tough guy posturing and tattoos, they might amount to more than the musical equivalent of a juvenile detention center.

LOL im from CT a town over from Hatebreed, the first time i saw them was 1995 in this old army barracks on the side of a public golf course that basically connected to my backyard through a marsh. it cracks me up seeing stuff like this almost 30 years later

Saw Cannibal Corpse open (WTF?) for Hatebreed over 10 years ago. I lasted 1/2 song before I walked out on Hatebreed lol. If those guys put half the effort into their music that they do into tough guy posturing and tattoos, they might amount to more than the musical equivalent of a juvenile detention center.

I saw them when they opened for Cradle Of Filth. And I thought bleeding through put on a better show. BUT it was one of the most violent mosh pits and experiences at a show I've seen. Dudes were backflipping off the balcony that's over the main floor, and at one point hatebreed had to stop the show because a guy was launched from the crowd whole crowd surfing over the barricade and they took him out on a stretcher in a neck brace. We thought homie was ded. 💀

I knew the venue owner and had played there alot so me and a few other band mates, and a handful of others sorta hung around drinking after everyone left. Sean and Jamie were there. Sean was absolutely unlikable, didn't spend much time with that guy except to find out he ran DSL 100 amp as the main sound.

Jamie was like a friend you lost years ago and was glad to see you again. He also handed me his wrist bands. Which I took as a really cool gesture as a 17 year old and wore em to a few shows I played afterwards. (I had taken the X off my hands and was obviously under aged drinking)

I enjoy that marshall tone on albums like rise of brutality and the crispy yet simple drumwork. They'll always have a little spot in my heart. I like the aggression they brought. They sit in the same era as Killswitch engage end of heartache. And machine head Imperium which I was heavily into during that time as well.

🤷‍♂️

the first hatebreed is the classic hatebreed. my buddy Dave the drummer is a legend in CT, theres no one that dosent know this snare sound around here.

the first hatebreed is the classic hatebreed. my buddy Dave the drummer is a legend in CT, theres no one that dosent know this snare sound around here.

Man that is straight basementbreed right there.

They were underground for a long time.
The first time i heard them was when a friend showed me "I will be heard". I enjoyed the energy and further explored the band.

I'm a big fan of simple fast beats.
Prefer a heavy body snare though.

But it still works.
Sounds like St. Anger without as much ping.

Man that is straight basementbreed right there.

They were underground for a long time.
The first time i heard them was when a friend showed me "I will be heard". I enjoyed the energy and further explored the band.

I'm a big fan of simple fast beats.
Prefer a heavy body snare though.

But it still works.
Sounds like St. Anger without as much ping.

yeah, they were the biggest band in hardcore before Headbangers Ball and i will be heard came out, Satisfaction is the death of desire i think is the biggest selling hardcore record ever now, then Perseverance came out and Jamey was hosting the show and it was crazy. my buddy Boulder quit the band right after Perseverance came out, i bought one of his crate cabs he toured with during the satisfaction days, its one thing i will never get rid of

yeah, they were the biggest band in hardcore before Headbangers Ball and i will be heard came out, Satisfaction is the death of desire i think is the biggest selling hardcore record ever now, then Perseverance came out and Jamey was hosting the show and it was crazy. my buddy Boulder quit the band right after Perseverance came out, i bought one of his crate cabs he toured with during the satisfaction days, its one thing i will never get rid of
That's actually cool.

Perseverance was a banger.
I think that album was mesa.

They also got me into bury your dead which I was able to open for at one time. Sworn Enemy. And FULL BLOWN CHAOS was in the mix also. 💀

When apocalypse came out I was all over it.
I wore that "wake the demons" cd out. 💿

KILLED ALL MY PROBLEMS SO FUCK YOUR SOLUTIONS!!

Last edited:
this post has angry nerd vibes embedded deeply within it.

satisfaction is the quintessential modern hardcore record of the 90's. the record that all other hardcore records are measured by. still the best.

We need a @ChuggNorris vs TDS Riffwarz.

I need to see some weedly-weedly...real guitar playing.

Interesting to see that TDS has a handmade Driftwood thingy. Pretty sure he had some beef with them in the past, where he returned his (Mini?)Nightmare, because it kept failing or something.

The vibe I get from him is that he's not gonna reach a high age... :rolleyes:🍔🥩🍟🍕

I realize he is playing the song wrong
Totally not in sync/not tight is what I think you mean. 😉

Last edited:
I remember seeing this dude doing demos in a bedroom next to a bunk bed ages ago. Looks like he's made some growth to the social media aspect.... has numerous "signature gear"... lol

Other than the random whining about companies not sending him gear, not too bad of a step up from where I remember seeing him last. If this guy can do it, SO CAN YOU. #believe

I realize he is playing the song wrong because HATEBREED typically played in a standard configuration, but nothing new here.

Anyway, what are you guys opinion about Ole TDS here on RT? Never see mentions of the guy. 🤔

I always trusted his reviews even if i didnt follow him much. He seems genuine. And that song is badass. Guess i need to check out hatebreed

Back