I have little doubt I'm gonna sell the Mk IV

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
yngzaklynch
yngzaklynch
and go for the Marshall JVM. If it bites me in the ass so be it. I'm justwaiting to get a selling price from my local dealer and that will be the deciding factor. If the new Marshall is really expensive then forget it. I can certainly live with the Mk IV. But if the JVM isn't to expensive I'm on it.

Who else is pretty sure they're gonna try one?

Dude,
You read my review of the JVM, right? That being said I would highly encourage you to try it before you buy it. You love the MKIV. Just wait a few months and put them head to head in the store before you dump the MKIV.

Dude at the closest CG is gonna call me when he gets a price. If it's not to outlandish I'll go check one out as soon as he gets one. I've always wanted the Marshall tone I grew up hearing but the JCM800s I had needed to much volume and didn't work out. I like the JCM2000 models despite what a bad rap they get, but I was always scared off by quality issues I read about. This amp might be exactly what I've been waiting for all my life. We'll see. Did you get to try one?

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":7f2b0 said:
......But if the JVM isn't to expensive I'm on it.

It's a Marshall. It will be expensive (and probably too expensive).

>|<>QBB<
shredi knight":0ef2a said:
>|<>QBB<

Like I said I can certainly live with the Mk IV as it's a seriously bad ass amp and my favorite to date. But how can I rule out that this amp might be the one I've been hoping for? Gotta check into it.

Gotta try one bro. I can't wonder about this sort of thing, I have to find out. But yeah I may play one and be like... Eh, I'll stick with the Mk IV. We'll see.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":41c7b said:
Gotta try one bro. I can't wonder about this sort of thing, I have to find out. But yeah I may play one and be like... Eh, I'll stick with the Mk IV. We'll see.

Hey, i checked out the Ace combo again and i had more time to play with it. Lets just say i was more than impressed with it, and i usually hate combos. I think the closed back helps it. I cranked the bass and it was thumping. It didn't sound mushy or boxy and it had a lot of gain. If you get a chance check one out.

There are Marshall dealers everywhere, just wait and try one in a store.

It costs here in Estonia about 2000$ right now(in the more expensive shop preorder, but there's a cheaper marshall dealer here also...waiting for their pricing). Usually instruments and amps are cheaper in USA, so it should be under 2000$.

Darn, I hate European pricing. You get to have boogie rectos for like 1700$ and we have to pay ~3300$. Only German amps are little bit cheaper.

I have a direct hookup for Marshalls.
I will be checking one out very soon...
I can try to arrange a group purchase discount which will definitely be much lower than any GC price or similar....
I'll make a thread about it once I speak to my friend...
Steve

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":6edb5 said:
I can try to arrange a group purchase discount which will definitely be much lower than any GC price or similar....
Steve

Sounds great but I have to A/B them before I can commit. My hopes are high though.

Why does it have to be one or the other. I just gave in and so I have a mark IV and a marshll 2553.

I am interested to see if the vintage modern or JVM amps can knock my 2553 out.

>|<>QBB<
blackba":f1d2d said:
Why does it have to be one or the other. I just gave in and so I have a mark IV and a marshll 2553.

I am interested to see if the vintage modern or JVM amps can knock my 2553 out.

Because I won't have money tied up in two amps. I could have 5 amps and still sell and buy amps. It's just how I am. It's fun for me.

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":c4e21 said:
Steve

that's great steve! keep me in mind.

>|<>QBB<
shredi knight":4c8b3 said:
>|<>QBB<

It should be about the same as the tsl, the list price is $2500, the same as the tsl.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":33a25 said:
>|<>QBB<

Because I won't have money tied up in two amps. I could have 5 amps and still sell and buy amps. It's just how I am. It's fun for me.

Envy you that you can keep it to one or two amps. I really only need 2, one for home (backup), one for gigs/practice space.

Anyway I hope you post a full review when you try out the JVM....

yngzaklynch":b9937 said:

I wish I could be like that. I have to have more than one amp, sometimes things don't jell and I need to plug into something else.

I actually consider owning more than one amp more important than having a bunch of guitars because of that aspect .

If I had to choose I have rather have one guitar and multiple amps than multiple guitars and one amp.....

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":453a6 said:
I wish I could be like that. I have to have more than one amp, sometimes things don't jell and I need to plug into something else.

I actually consider owning more than one amp more important than having a bunch of guitars because of that aspect .

If I had to choose I have rather have one guitar and multiple amps than multiple guitars and one amp.....

+1 I need atleast 2 or 3 amps around if not more. I really only need 1 guitar but I still prefer to have a lot of those around aswell.

I'm hoping that Marshall got it right this time. I'm really looking forward to these JVMs. :)

Back