Ibanez custom shop?

• Thread starter Thread starter Svendiesel
  • Start date Start date
Svendiesel
Svendiesel
How come there isn't anything on their website about the custom shop?? Just a section of their forum about it, but not really any info. How much you guys think it'd cost to get a custom RG 7 string?

I thought their custom shop was only available to the artists signed with them?

edit: Signature Artists*...?

hm really? theres a bunch of threads posted on their forum for forum users to show off what they have from custom shop. maybe I missed something. :?

LACS is not open to the public and hasn't been for quite awhile. It used to be though.

Bah them. and damn them for offering their 7 strings in 2 frickin colors :evil: not even two really, each model has one color. the fucks that about.

Ibanez has always been lacking in the color department. That's nothing new. Their lack of maple fretboads, however, IS new and is pissing a lot of people off. It's one of the reasons why they decided to re-release the RG550 and name it the RG20th. However, that's only in limited quantities. Their big color at the moment is black or something close to it. Lame, yes.

Psh, they don't have any ebony boards either do they? Seems like every guitar has rosewood. cept the 550. Some look like ebony on the site but it still says rosewood, then again on the 550 it even says rosewood but its obviously maple.

There have been ebony boarded models. They're just more rare. The JEM used to come with it until a few years ago when they switched to rosewood. I'm not a fan of ebony, personally. I feel it gets too greasy.

Yea I know what you mean, I like ebony cause of the tone. its just mmmmm haha.

Yeah seriously, wtf Ibanez?

As in to the collaboration of the chatting of fretboards, FUCK ROSEWOOD AND ITS HOMOSEXUALNESS!!! I can tolerate FINISHED (smooth) rosewood boards, but the unfinished (has like holes in it) IS GAY AS HELL. Damn you cheap ass guitars with your hole-filled rosewood boards! I am TOTAL Ebony all the way!!! I can't comment on maple though, never owned or even played a guitar with a maple board...

I saw this awesome red Jackson dinky with a Maple board and headstock at GC, it was gorgeous. I want it haha. Probably will get it some day.

ibanez has way too many blue guitars. most blue guitars are so ugly :(

The head of LA Custom Shop (artist only), Tak Hosono, is giving his own opinions and views on this thing at the Jemsite forum.

I wish that they'd re-open it for customers!

-Jaakko

Back