Ibanez Xiphos is back! (And in black)

Metalhex

https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/model/x/
Why am I just seeing this as of yesterday? Tbh, I don't follow Ibanez, but always loved the look of the Xiphos and never got my hands on one. I don't know how new this news is, but it's news to me. I don't know anything about Iron Label either, I hear mixed reviews about them.

Reverb says estimated ship date is November.

I've always dug the Xiphos but am with you on the Iron Label series - way too many mixed reviews leaning towards the negative but I'll definitely check one of these out once they start landing in the wild.

always loved the look of the Xiphos

You should check out Neal Moser's stuff!

https://www.nealmoserguitars.com/
neal.jpg

Those Indonesian ones were some real dogs. Horrible trem, unbalanced. Play like total dogshit. People are paying big bucks, I wouldn't give $100 for one.

That looks like something from Monson Guitars...ever hear of them?
Hadn't.
Seeing as this guy started in 2001 and Moser's been doing those types of designs since
his BC Rich days, it's a crime he doesn't at least give a little bit of props to Neal.

Never forget first time seeing a Rich Bich with Joe Perry around 75-ish.
joe.jpg

Oh nah, the original Xiphos was 27 I believe which is more of my thing, I usually play at least 29s since there's no compromise for me with more frets.
27 fret on a 25.5 scale length? I wonder how crammed it felt up there? Anyways, I still would love to try one with 27 frets!

27 fret on a 25.5 scale length? I wonder how crammed it felt up there? Anyways, I still would love to try one with 27 frets!

It's pretty much the same, if there's an adequate cutaway you get more space on the first 24 and the option of a few more. I've had a few 36 fret guitars that I liked, you do give up the neck pickup though and a traditional design with a huge cutaway looks a little weird.

It's pretty much the same, if there's an adequate cutaway you get more space on the first 24 and the option of a few more. I've had a few 36 fret guitars that I liked, you do give up the neck pickup though and a traditional design with a huge cutaway looks a little weird.
Just curious which guitar did you have with 46 frets? Is it that Ibanez with the pickgaurd?

Back