Ik Multimedia TONEX? Thoughts?

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
veji
veji
IK multimedia tonex software? anybody tried it thoughts? how does it compare to quad cortex or Kemper?

Not bad at all. I’ve noticed the captures come out a little brighter and loses some gain when compared to the target device much like the quad cortex. Where as the kemper maintains the correct amount of gain but seems to dampen the tone a bit when compared to the target device. However all three can be matched up very close with the proper tweaking.The quad cortex and kemper win in the feel department mainly due to Tonex having latency which is inevitable for a plug-in

I've finally spent some time with it and I made a little test video in which I capture my PRS MT15. I'm primarily a high gain guy so this was an obvious choice. The results are quite promising! :) I've also uploaded the preset to the Tone Net "cloud" so that you guys can try it for yourselves. Anyway, I'd love to know your thoughts:

I've finally spent some time with it and I made a little test video in which I capture my PRS MT15. I'm primarily a high gain guy so this was an obvious choice. The results are quite promising! :) I've also uploaded the preset to the Tone Net "cloud" so that you guys can try it for yourselves. Anyway, I'd love to know your thoughts:

Hey Jon, I watched your vid the other day on my lunch break and ended up doing a capture of my MT-15 today, then ran that capture back in to the MT-15 power section.... not too bad. The bottom end is different for sure. I find myself dialing back the bass, bumping the mids/treb/presence just a bit and it comes pretty close.

it’s pretty impressive accuracy wise. The software is a bit fucky to use, and the training times are slow but the results have been pretty indistinguishable for me (once they resolved some bugs).

made a Metallica inspired preset from my Mark III Black Dot. Does a pretty great job at capturing the right feel of it

Here's also a comparison of my Mesa Mini Rectifier vs a Tonex capture. I've also uploaded the capture to Tonenet so check it out for yourself if you're interested:

Back