Impressed with Neural Amp Modeler (clip)

• Thread starter Thread starter offa
  • Start date Start date
offa
offa
Hi everyone 👋 It's been a good 13 years since my last post :shocked:

This NAM plugin has me seriously impressed! It's a lot of fun to play and the feel is good, inspiring me to pick up my guitar

Clip below is a blend of two NAM profiles: Diezel VH4+ Marshall Super Lead to go after some Adam Jones sounds

Gainy tones at 1:20 after some clean noodling 🤘

I like your results! Hope NAM comes to mobile phones too.

Sounds good!

these plugins are getting very good.

I'm keeping my tube amps, my SY-1000 and SY-300 hardware; sold my other hardware modelers; now the only non-tube amp "amps" I plan to buy going forward are software plugins.

Current favorite is the PolyChrome DSP McRocklin Suite; free demo version is available; sounds great, versatile, and easy to use once you understand the workflow.

Not selling my tube amps either, but the tech has come a long way. A lot of flexibility in the box...

big fan of it. I don’t see it as a replacement for amps, it’s best as a companion for capturing your own amplifiers. The experience of dialling a tone in for your own needs and tastes with a real amp and cab is unrivalled and nothing will replace that.

Technology has other benefits that are very useful and sound killer. Neither should be dismissed and exploring both is very rewarding.

Important to note the NAM is straight freeware. There's a solid facebook group that captures and releases their gear for free. More high gain focused, but that lines up will with this page.

I’m trying to get this set up today. I’m not much of a sound engineer or computer tech, but I got everything installed and set up correctly so far as I know. My question is about reamping, noise and levels. I keep getting these errors. Any suggestions?
IMG_6194.jpeg

is your signal noisy? free of ground loops? lined up the blips?

could be a number of small that’s that are probably relatively easy to fix. Best bet is to ask on facebook and provide the reamp signal

is your signal noisy? free of ground loops? lined up the blips?

could be a number of small that’s that are probably relatively easy to fix. Best bet is to ask on facebook and provide the reamp signal
Do you have to line it up manually? I just loaded the trainer wav and reamped on a new track and exported the length of the trainer. I guess there would be like 10ms time offset? Output sounds okay to me, levels okay, no hum, etc. And simply recording the guitar through the amp sounds good too. 🤔

Do you have to line it up manually? I just loaded the trainer wav and reamped on a new track and exported the length of the trainer. I guess there would be like 10ms time offset? Output sounds okay to me, levels okay, no hum, etc. And simply recording the guitar through the amp sounds good too. 🤔
yeah line up the blips at the start and end of the file, and make sure the length or the reamped file is exactly the same as the test signal. that should do it

Got it working. The project was not set to the right sample rate. It’s super cool and while a little daunting at first, not that hard once you get the hang of the workflow. I’m really impressed with the results. Google colab is really fast too.

Back