Is the Fortin Blade a TC integrated pre?

I had all Fortin boost at some point + the Integrated Pre, from what i remember the 33 is the TC integrated pre in a preset single knob format. The blade has some different frequencies going on.

I did not like the 33 at all. Extremely bright. Do you think i would enjoy the blade a bit more?

apophis":3kau21vv said:
I did not like the 33 at all. Extremely bright. Do you think i would enjoy the blade a bit more?

Blade is a lot smoother, more transparent. Really nice pedal, very clear. The bass and treble controls have quite a bit of range on them. Works well with my butterslax and that thing hates most boost pedals

DeathbyButterslax":2ksy6wfg said:
apophis":2ksy6wfg said:

Blade is a lot smoother, more transparent. Really nice pedal, very clear. The bass and treble controls have quite a bit of range on them. Works well with my butterslax and that thing hates most boost pedals
Yeah the Bade is a pretty darn solid OD pedal all around. Works well with all my amps actually.

apophis":gym9vmg1 said:

The Blade is pretty versatile and work well with most amps. I still prefer the VFE Standout, but it’s a matter of taste. I feel that i can shape my sound more precisely with the Standout.

Metal1977":obbrsvte said:
apophis":obbrsvte said:

The Blade is pretty versatile and work well with most amps. I still prefer the VFE Standout, but it’s a matter of taste. I feel that i can shape my sound more precisely with the Standout.

Never tried the blade, but I had a grind and 33. The Standout is way better. That said, the added controls of the Blade probably make it a lot better than the grind and 33.

psychodave":38rgr5v0 said:
Metal1977":38rgr5v0 said:
apophis":38rgr5v0 said:

Never tried the blade, but I had a grind and 33. The Standout is way better. That said, the added controls of the Blade probably make it a lot better than the grind and 33.

Yes, the Blade was better for me than the Grind and 33. Still preset frequency wise, but you can choose how much you want to boost or cut some lows & highs.

Metal1977":23amm9rh said:
apophis":23amm9rh said:
bought one to try out, lets see how it sounds

It's a very good boost, i'm sure you will like it! Let us know what you think of it.

Sure thing, Ill post my opinion. I have a standout, and a few other boost pedals. Also was a Fortin 33 early adopter and it lasted 3 hours in my stable, sold it immediately as it just did not work for me. Should have kept it longer to sell it for $999 later :LOL: :LOL:

So i received the blade yesterday. Pedal is much better than the 33 imo. It has a slightly more organic and controlled tonality. It does have some noise in higher settings but that is to be expected. Compared to the standout, i feel the vfe has a bit more hifi sound but is much more tweakable, and sounds great at 18 v. Does anybody know if the blade can handle 12 or 18 volts?

apophis":q3oinav9 said:
So i received the blade yesterday. Pedal is much better than the 33 imo. It has a slightly more organic and controlled tonality. It does have some noise in higher settings but that is to be expected. Compared to the standout, i feel the vfe has a bit more hifi sound but is much more tweakable, and sounds great at 18 v. Does anybody know if the blade can handle 12 or 18 volts?
No, only use 9v with the Blade.

Oddly I boost my 33 with a Blade :)

Seriously, it brings some of the beef back with the attact of the 33.

Back