Is there a tube 1x12 that sounds killer for a fair price?

Kustom Coupe 36. I've played a few of these in my local shop. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because I don't need a 1x12 combo right now. It is voiced VERY simular to the Shiva, but with more gain on tap. Very nice verb as well. Check one out if you can.

Mesa DC-3 or DC-5. Used on ebay for 500-650.
JCM 800 combo 800 ish
Mesa Mk IV 1100-1300
Mesa Mk III 700-800
Peavey JSX No idea

orange rocker 30

light weight combo with a great master volume and killer hot rodded british tone

Traynor YCV50 Blue for $500 to $600.

I've been on the same exact search. I found a Peavey Valveking 2x12 combo I like, but the Classic 30 or 50 is a nice second choice. The Crate Palomino's are a nice as well. And all these amps are between $500 and $800 and are loud enough to jam and gig with. :thumbsup:

or the crate v15 or v30...

pretty cheap for a high quality sounding rock amp

Just in case anyone decides they might want to go the Traynor YCV50 Blue route, I have one Brand New in the box that I'll let go for $525 shipped. NEVER been used. Also have the matching 112 Blue Cab, again new in the box NEVER been used for $240 shipped. Just haven't got around to posting these yet in the classified section. PM me if interested.

:|::QBB:
SFW":d9d31 said:
Kustom Coupe 36. I've played a few of these in my local shop. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because I don't need a 1x12 combo right now. It is voiced VERY simular to the Shiva, but with more gain on tap. Very nice verb as well. Check one out if you can.

I have wondered about these....so got the shiva voice huh? I might have to pick one up now!

Core9":b44ba said:
Soldano Astro-verb 16
Zinky Blue Velvet combo
Mesa subway rocket

+1 on the Zinky BV combo. I have one, the 50 watter, and it is a definite bargain when looking at tone and build quality vs. cost. I've had mine on stage with Bogners and /13s and it's definitely held its own with them. I've seen the 25 watters go for around $600-$750 on ebay. The last band I played with covered funk, pop, and classic rock. The amp perfromed flawlessly.

59 Guild but they stopped making them 48 years ago. Sometimes you can find em used for around 350 to 550. Mine was had for 42 bucks at an estate sale around 20 years ago.

SFW":de559 said:

-1 for me

imo, they sound like complete shit

50 watt laney aor pro tube lead 1x12 combo. does clean to crunch or crunch to od just fine. clean to od takes some tweaking because there are tradeoffs if you want it to do that. i just pick the crunch to od tones and roll the volume back on the guitar. holds its own in a mix without a problem. weighs a ton though. i don't think i'll ever get rid of mine.. so you'll have to look for your own. :D

Back