iTunes help needed

• Thread starter Thread starter mctallica1
  • Start date Start date
mctallica1
mctallica1
Hey guys... I have no idea what happened (except that I updated to the new internet explorer :? ), but when I try to open iTunes now, I get the following message:

Quicktime version 7.0.3 is installed iTunes requires version 7.1.3 or later. Please reinstalliTunes.

WTF? :? :? :? :?

Any suggestions?

>|<>QBB<
Zach":d8bac said:
Or uninstall the crappy Apple software all together lol.

Maybe I don't understand the joke?

I am not a techie in any way shape or form. I know absolutely the minimum to use a computer.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":24aeb said:
Download a newer verison of iTunes....

I downloaded th enew vcersion of iTunes and Quicktime and I still get the same message.

Any other suggestions?

Look at the properties of iTunes. What version does it say it is? Do the same for Quicktime.

I installed the most recent iTunes and it screwed my computer up...I unistalled it and still had to delete stuff like the folder it puts in my documents for music.

Go back to the old version if you can...something is wrong with the new software version I think.

Go to
http://www.winamp-hq.com/

Download the latest version....

The download the iPod plugin.
http://clk.about.com/?zi=1/XJ&sdn=ipod&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mlipod.com%2F

Then you can use it as normal, and also use it as a portable hard drive...iTunes won't let you do that...

You know why???

Apple sucks smelly ball sacks with toe jam.

Steve

Um, iTunes will let you use the iPod as a portable HD.......

>|<>QBB<
Code001":de877 said:
Um, iTunes will let you use the iPod as a portable HD.......

As far as I know, you can not take files from one computer and move them to another with iTunes. It even says that in Apples description.
It's also not checked in the iTunes abilities compared to several alternatives.
It's one of the main reasons I won't use it. I tried and it would not allow it. I have the latest version with the newest 80gb iPod.
Steve

Picture 1 shows that my iPod is clearly on my deskop with my Hard Drives. I can drag and drop anything on there, then transport the HD to someone's computer and use it as an external storage device. Also note the iPod options.....

Picture1.png

Picture 2 shows me moving a file onto the iPod

Picture2.png

I think people get bent about not being able to move files out of the ipod. My understanding is that you can't do it without a software hack.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":285e4 said:
I've never had a problem.
Are you using Mac or PC.
I heard that Mac was being sued over the whole iTunes thing because the iPod is only full function on a mac...other than peoples hacks/plugins etc...

Yeah it does stuff on a Mac it won't do in Winblows. :retard:

If you even try to just copy off songs, it has the actual files all jumbled up and renamed so it makes it just about impossible to figure out what is what and copy them.

It's about the stupidest thing I've ever seen for a computer device, considering the lengths they went to just to screw up what should be an expected capability.

The program itself is just gaytarded to begin with, because it installs crap that constantly runs tons of extra processes that actually take up a decent amount of memory for no real reason at all. In multiple versions, it's totally fucked up on my brother several times and starts randomly putting songs on when he tries to change something no matter how you set it, and I had a hell of a time fixing it for him.

God forbid you just open it like any other form of memory attached to your computer and drag and drop files in and out...

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":604ea said:
Yeah it does stuff on a Mac it won't do in Winblows. :retard:

If you even try to just copy off songs, it has the actual files all jumbled up and renamed so it makes it just about impossible to figure out what is what and copy them.

It's about the stupidest thing I've ever seen for a computer device, considering the lengths they went to just to screw up what should be an expected capability.

The program itself is just gaytarded to begin with, because it installs crap that constantly runs tons of extra processes that actually take up a decent amount of memory for no real reason at all. In multiple versions, it's totally fucked up on my brother several times and starts randomly putting songs on when he tries to change something no matter how you set it, and I had a hell of a time fixing it for him.

God forbid you just open it like any other form of memory attached to your computer and drag and drop files in and out...
Mac is trying to make programs that work better on a Mac. :hint hint:

By putting a ton of effort into destroying its Winblows counterpart? :retard:

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":4acbf said:
By putting a ton of effort into destroying its Winblows counterpart? :retard:
I have an iPod and use a PC...Luckily I save previous versions of programs...I had to go back a few to get one that worked smoothly again with my PC. The newest upgrade was not cool, for me at least.

Back