JCM2000 w/ YJM strat and grey DOD250 low volume clip

70strathead

I dont like these amps cranked, but for some reason they sound decent when recording at reasonable volumes...Bigfoot sample clip

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=447946

Pic of my YJM...thanks for the feedback guys. as for IhateRap's question.. "swear to God Snake, its a DSL100 but with Tesla EL34's and mullard reissue 12ax7's" ;)

I have to EQ the fuck out of that amp to make it sound like a raw marshall....the trick is making it as stock sounding as possible.

Attachments

• CNXT0022.JPG
    CNXT0022.JPG
    973.6 KB · Views: 494
:|::QBB:
70strathead":dfa66 said:
Pic of my YJM...thanks for the feedback guys. as for IhateRap's question.. "swear to God Snake, its a DSL100 but with Tesla EL34's and mullard reissue 12ax7's" ;)

I have to EQ the fuck out of that amp to make it sound like a raw marshall....the trick is making it as stock sounding as possible.

That is sooooooooo HAWT! I love that axe!

-Jaakko

Dern, Just as it gets intense, it's over. Bummer! More of those style clips please?

Hey, what are the settings you use for this kind of tone? I have a DSL100 and an Analogman modded DOD250. My Strat is MIM, but has a YJM in the neck, so I should be able to get some of that goodness.

Hey, what are the settings you use for this kind of tone? I have a DSL100 and an Analogman modded DOD250. My Strat is MIM, but has a YJM in the neck, so I should be able to get some of that goodness

The settings on the DSL were red channel on, prescence=0, bass=7, mid=7, treble=5, gain=4, master= 2...running through a 73' marshall 4x12 with greenback 25w's and sm57. The hs-3'/YJM pickups are key.

70strathead - thanks man! I'm surprised you're using the red channel. I'd figured it was the green channel hit with the 250. I've tried that, green channel, crunch mode, gain around 5, then both knobs on the DOD250 all the way up. I didn't have a long time to mess with it, but what I got was pretty good.

I've got the YJM's in the neck of all three strats (these actually sound killer for funk & R&B playing, which was my last gig), an HS-2 in the middle. On one guitar I've got the HS-3 in the bridge. The other two guitars have a Duncan Lil Screamin Demon in the Bridge. For how I play, I like the humbuck-ish sound with those. But it's a low output p/u so it plays nicely with the YJM and HS-2.

Anyhow, thanks for the tip! I look forward to some experimentation time on my rig!

Jakem":2233e said:

That is sooooooooo HAWT! I love that axe!

-Jaakko

I love the way the big headstock looks. I remember playing one last year and bending was effortless on it. Scalloped necks never bothered me. A friend of mine had a parts guitar years ago, the neck was soo depply scalloped it looked like a motocross track. :D

I'm surprised you're using the red channel. I'd figured it was the green channel hit with the 250. I've tried that, green channel, crunch mode, gain around 5, then both knobs on the DOD250 all the way up. I didn't have a long time to mess with it, but what I got was pretty good

Ya know the green channel with the DOD or a TS in front is also a good sound as well, but my intent was to do recordings at low volumes and with the green channel I had to pump the volume up more to get the tubes to break up more..thats why i experimented more on the red because it can simulate overdriven tubes at a lower volume u just have to eq it so that u can match the stock sound of the green but with a little more soup/sponge.

Another thing I should mention is that The YJM strat has just got an amazing tone all around. It resonates like a mother, even compared to some of my ealy 70's vintage strats with the same pickup config. I'm also running an old echoplex through the loop thats on very faintly just enough to warm/tame the highs. I can get the same tonal characteristic on my other marshall heads becasuse of that echoplex in the signal chain. even when its not on, it colors the sound a bit in a good way.

Back