Jumbo Frets?

I didn’t watch the video but from the thumbnail, what a waste of some good looking rosewood. You’ll never touch it. It’s basically now a scalloped board..lol
So you telling you like to touch wood? 🤔

Jokes aside, I though the best outcome is not having any contact with the board

He said it is 22 nuts ....🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_225748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_225748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 34
Even the regular jumbos are a little speed-bumpy for me. I only put them on one partscaster, I still like it but in certain situations they are too big for me. The tall/narrow are my favorites.

I usually like Jumbo 6100 frets. One time I had the bright idea of having my luthier install extra Jumbo 6000 frets thinking hey... extra height... I'll get more mileage out of them...a win win... right?????????:unsure::2thumbsup:

When I got the guitar back it was like playing a scalloped neck.................. it was fooking horrible I hated it.... I took the guitar back to my luthier to install my usual 6100 Jumbos, he was kind a pissy about having to do it twice.....but I learned my lesson.:yes::doh:

I have Jescar stainless 57110's on my LP and I love them. Any other keeper guitars that I pick up will be getting those installed when it is time for a fret job.

I dig big, tall frets, and that’s a bit much even for me. My current favorite fretwire is the Stainless 6115 from Warmoth - close to the height of a 6100 with the width of a 6105.

Bro years ago I played one of zakks les Paul’s he used 6000 fret wire I liked it lol I use 6100 now
It was easy to play even with these big ass strings.

I still prefer large frets in everything

Reactions: PDC
Back