JVM is Kicking My ASS

• Thread starter Thread starter guitarman967
  • Start date Start date
G
guitarman967
It keeps sounding better as I get more Familiar with the Controls and how they interact with each other.. I think I got it dialed in just the way I like it and found the gain settings between modes to not compromise the tones at all. It's layed out perfectly

Right now I've got 6 different tones setup on the Footcontroller, and I'm real happy with the tones I can get on this thing

CLEAN
(GREEN)A beautiful clear Clean set for max Headroom and sparkle. Gain at 1:00
(AMBER)Slightly broken up Bluesy warm Clean. Good for the R&B flavored Chordal stuff but not quite in the SRV territory

CRUNCH
(AMBER) This is the AC/DC sound No doubt about it...Gain at 3:00.

OD1
(AMBER) MODDED JCM800 tone. This might be my favorite sound in the amp because it's so organic and crunchy sounding. Nice tight lowend and just screams Marshall goodness. gain at 12:00 and MIDS at 3:00.
The Mids play a big role in shaping the Gain channels sound. It seems the amp gets tighter and clearer with a High setting of this control.
Gain to spare here for sure.. Sometimes I lower the Control to 11:00 and the pinch harmonics still just Fly out of it with ease

OD2
(AMBER) This one is the new favorite that's starting to edge out OD1. It's got a slightly more compressed sound to it but it has alot more clarity. It reminds me of the ENGL Powerball type of sound and it's really blowing me away. Very Clear gain and a tight lowend..Gain at 12:00 and MIDS at 3:00

(RED) Beautiful Smooth Lead sound.. Best I've ever heard from a marshall.
The gain at 12:00 is way to much for rhythm but it lends itself to endless sustain and harmonics on this mode.. Add a touch of reverb and this thing could sustain all day.

Oh the Gas, just can't seem to want to part with my marshall 2553 though....

+1 here...the marshall I've been waiting for for a long time.

JVM sounding like a Powerball.... :confused: ...the both are good at what they do....just havent heard any indications that they are similar...

:|::QBB:
SgtThump":6dd43 said:
I really, really don't want to come across as a fanboy, but I'm digging the heck out of mine too.

F A N B O Y ! ! ! :lol:

(I got one too...) :bump:

metalpoida":2d2b9 said:
JVM sounding like a Powerball.... :confused: ...the both are good at what they do....just havent heard any indications that they are similar...

Gainfreak has a ver1 PB right next to my JVM and he said the JVM can do a very good PB tone. He will have to chime in with any further thoughts on that though.

Digital Jams":c9d8f said:

Gainfreak has a ver1 PB right next to my JVM and he said the JVM can do a very good PB tone. He will have to chime in with any further thoughts on that though.

Sup Bro!!

The two amp sound very different but I can get a similar sound though the H30 loaded cab. It's really the speakers that are making them sound similar. As I use a higher wattage speaker cab, the two amp are like night and day. I hope this helps!!

Gainfreak":f22c5 said:

Sup Bro!!

The two amp sound very different but I can get a similar sound though the H30 loaded cab. It's really the speakers that are making them sound similar. As I use a higher wattage speaker cab, the two amp are like night and day. I hope this helps!!

Thanks!

Man I am so glad I waited for this amp to come out since it seems to cover alot of stuff that I was looking for!

Terry is kicking my ass btw, he loaded me with home stuff and my freaking fingers are swollen :eek: I am officially in the market for a hard tail strat as well, going to use the SL-1 to fund it. Thinking of a SLH2 through body ;)

Digital Jams":6df89 said:

Thanks!

Man I am so glad I waited for this amp to come out since it seems to cover alot of stuff that I was looking for!

Terry is kicking my ass btw, he loaded me with home stuff and my freaking fingers are swollen :eek: I am officially in the market for a hard tail strat as well, going to use the SL-1 to fund it. Thinking of a SLH2 through body ;)

Bro, This amp smokes!! No joke your gonna dig it! If you were leary about selling cetain things to pbtain this sucker... Don't even secind guess your decision!

Cool beans about Terry!!!! I didn't even play one note in my last lesson! He loaded me up with homework which reminds me, I have to get cracking!! Just make sure that you don't kill your fingers!

metalpoida":bdce2 said:

Yeah, you achieve the same vibe on OD2.

I was trying to cop my best YJM tone today using my Strat. Since I can't use a lot of volume I did the best I could at lower volumes. Found the OD2, CH Vol full, Bass moom, mids 11:00, treb 1:30. res 10:30, pres 1:30 and reverb at 2:30. Pretty happy with what I heard. I'm thinking at volume this would change to OD1 Orange.

donbarzini":8b563 said:
I am really digging the JVM for what it is, however, I just wish it was just a little less solid state feeling, I notice this even on the clean channel.

:confused: I didn't get any solid state vibes from the one i played.

I don't think it has a SS feel??? But yeah it's easier to play than any unboosted Plexi or JCM800 I've played. Engls give me a SS feel but they're a blast to play through.

try to jab your way inside, then an upper the chin and a hook the liver could do it for you!!!!!!!

Back