• Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":d0ac6 said:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=343910&songID=4941887

Recorded pretty cool-

Sounds good...Which amp?? I'm in the market for a Plexi-ish amp again...:-D

-Joe

Nice clip!

I like the Gypsy fuzz. To me, it is has a very defined sound. Almost more like an overdrive than a fuzz.

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":6bb26 said:
>|<>QBB<

the Germino Headroom-100 at low volume

It's For Sale, BTW

Nice! How is that amp?? I was interested in it....Why are you selling it?? Too loud??

-Joe

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":be52a said:
>|<>QBB<

It's a great amp.
the reason I'm thinking of selling it is this-

I just got an SLO-100
I bought the Marshall JVM
I got a VHT Sig-X on order

I got a Heritage Colonial that is less watts and covers my NMV needs

Picture26.jpg

I'd imagine it's pretty hard to get dirt outta the Germino at home huh?? I hear great things from those Heritage amps, I'll check em out.

-Joe

I checked out the clip while here at work. I got into the sound and didn't realize how loud I had it.......got favorable comments from several co-workers asking who it was. I was asked to turn it down. :(

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":23f1c said:
>|<>QBB<

Cool!! :mrgreen:

Carl, a bit off topic but how do you like the colonial for the Hendrix vibe?? Do you think it successfully cops Marshall and Fender tones?? I know you're quite the Hendrix nut, so I trust your opinion. Also, any idea on how much the head goes for new?? thanks,

-Joe

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":01536 said:
>|<>QBB<

I think the head is around $1600. Some guy on TGP was selling one for 1k.

That's why I can sell the Germino.

I got that vibe covered with the Colonial and then some. The varius switches let you get quite a few different sounds, from Superlead, Superbass, JTM-45, Bassman, etc.
It has a Mood control (negitive feedback) tube or SS rectifier and some hip inovations in the power section they explain on their site.

It's got seperate Bright and Normal volume controls. A "pull Bright" on the Brite Volume gives the metal panal tones.

Paul C makes the Tim and Timmy pedals. he's backordered till the end of time, those pedals are so good.
He designed all the Heritage models and has a great ear.

Nice...I'm actually pretty surprised that they are that inexpensive...hmmm I want one!! another question carl...

What kind of strat pickups do you dig?? I use Fralin vintage hots right now and dig em a lot. They are the only ones I've tried (other than the stock jimmie vaughan pups) and my first strat.

-Joe

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":ef153 said:
>|<>QBB<

Whatever is in the guitar is usually fine with me.
I liked all the Fralins I ever had, Fender '69's

A pu has to be really aweful to make me want to change pu's

Cool, yeah I dig these a lot, but was just curious what you used. thanks,

-Joe

Back