krank distortus maximus?

triplexpete

Was wondering if anybody has tried one through a clean channel of a tube amp? I'm lloking for a good " modern" soundsing pedal to run through my clean of my splawn quickrod for "modern heavy rhythms". Any help?-Pete

They're good for modern metal, but I wouldn't use them for anything else. The EHX Metal Muff is more versatile.

I own one and I really like it. I'm playing LP's, SG's and Teles into a Seymour Duncan Convertible, a Chadwick and a 1978 Marshall Bass Compressor head into oversized 2x12" cabs with EV and Celestions. I use a T-Rex Mudhoney and a GGG Standard Overdrive among other drive, mod and delay pedals. I think that most Krank stuff is not voiced well for bedroom players. They need to be played at full volume and sound great in a band situation; the Distortus Maximus is no exception. It sounds great with a band and cuts through the mix beautifully. I don't think it's strictly a Modern Metal pedal; I don't like/play any metal. I'm into The Replacements, NY Dolls, Stones, Zep, ClassicPunk and Alterna-rock & the DM is great for that stuff. I don't think it's fair to say something "sucks" and leave it at that, give a review and let readers know what you actually dislike about it. This is a relatively new forum, let's keep it a Troll-Free zone; if that's what you want, try TGP.

Back