Kyle Bull Dual Dark 100 Demo

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I was definitely able to pull some much tighter and more modern sounds out of the amp with the combination of an overdrive and a 7 band EQ going into the front of the amp. The preamp of the dual dark naturally has a lot of low end frequencies, not in that it has a massive low end, but in that the low end frequencies are pushed forward across a large range, into the low mids

By carving out additional low mids and low using the 7 band eq and increasing the low end on the amp, I was able to get a much tighter and more percussive tone out of it.

That said, this amp does the "orange" thing in spades - Very fuzzy/fizzy top end, rolled off highs, big round mids and a wide but not massive low end that is generally pretty loose and slow feeling.

That said, this amp does the "orange" thing in spades - Very fuzzy/fizzy top end, rolled off highs, big round mids and a wide but not massive low end that is generally pretty loose and slow feeling.
That sounds like a textbook description of a horrible amp, LOL.

But it does sound great in your vid.

Considering most modern metal players are basically after the most focused, high end pissed, aggro, tight sound possible, I can understand why it's not everyone's fave sound in terms of higain..but it's ballsy and sounds huge, which I dig a lot.

I don't like it. It sounds like a mess.
I'd wager to say....that's the Orange sound in a nutshell :ROFLMAO:

Look at the people who normally play Orange and the tones they go for. They're usually aiming for big, dark, thick, undefined tones. That's why the doom community seems to love these things.

They take some serious work to get anything resembling tight and aggressive, but that's one point I'll definitely give to them - they are VERY shapable if you know what you're doing. Once you do that shaping, I think they can actually sound really, really good.

Running a high/low pass filter in front of a rockerverb I can def get some more modern chug not razor tight . But it can do metal in that sense no problem

Back