Larry come back

After getting my first turntable (think it was 1977) I grabbed a pair of 45s: Player-Baby Come Back and Paul McCartney/Wings-Girls School. Then came the K-Tel compilation albums. To be a kid in the 70s.

:thumbsup:

After getting my first turntable (think it was 1977) I grabbed a pair of 45s: Player-Baby Come Back and Paul McCartney/Wings-Girls School. Then came the K-Tel compilation albums. To be a kid in the 70s.

:thumbsup:
Man this brings back memories! Remember the TV commercials? "K-Tel Presents....... Pure Gold Collection!"

Man this brings back memories! Remember the TV commercials? "K-Tel Presents....... Pure Gold Collection!"
I don't remember the commercials, but K-Tel introduced me to Kiss lol. My local radio stations would not play Kiss, not even Beth. IIRC my first K-Tel album had Christine 16, Firefall-Just Rememember I Love You, and Meco-The Theme From Star Wars.

I don't remember the commercials, but K-Tel introduced me to Kiss lol. My local radio stations would not play Kiss, not even Beth. IIRC my first K-Tel album had Christine 16, Firefall-Just Rememember I Love You, and Meco-The Theme From Star Wars.
I remember going to Kmart, Best, Brendels and the like and having grandma buy like 10 albums for ~ 2.99-6.99. Good shit too. Crazy spending hours thumbing through them all. Bringing them home and playing them on some bs sapphire needle phonograph that still had speeds of 16, 33, 45 and 78.

Back