Let’s talk about Ibanez for a minute…

• Thread starter Thread starter mystixboi
  • Start date Start date
mystixboi
mystixboi
Let’s talk Ibanez for a minute. What is your favorite Ibanez model? Mine is the JS2450. It’s the perfect super strat. Super versatile and has tone for days. The neck feels like a worn in strat. Here are specs:

JS 3-Piece Maple/Bubinga Bolt-On Neck
Alder Body
Rosewood Fingerboard
24 Tall-Jumbo Frets / 25.5" Scale
6105 Fretwire with Prestige Treatment
Edge Tremolo Bridge
DiMarzio Passive Humbucker Pickups
Push/Pull Tone Control for Coil-Tap
High-Pass Filter Volume Control
Includes Hardshell Case

What about you? What is your favorite Ibanez model and why?

HKmUwi2.jpg

I'm stuck between my J Custom and my Jem.

They're both equally cool to pose with, but feel like I get along a little better with the Jem neck vs the J Custom.

Reactions: Geo
I have 3 different RG228 hand crafted Prestige’s . All 3 have been modified . Definitely my comfort guitar

I really want a JS Ibanez. Used to gig an original RG550 years ago. If you can’t get around the fretboard on one of these, hang it up. Super easy to play.

I really want a JS Ibanez. Used to gig an original RG550 years ago. If you can’t get around the fretboard on one of these, hang it up. Super easy to play.
The wizard II necks are the smoothest playing next there is . Ibanez is most playable I agree

I had an RG series sparkle back in the day. Still remember that huge metal flake…

I had an RG760 circa ‘90. Hated it. Not sure why but damn thing was against me. My jem777 anniversary however is the cats meow. Re: the 760 I still wonder if it was the guy who set it up maybe did a terrible job. Idk. I just can’t imagine why it didn’t agree with me. Prolly my fault for not pursuing the problem.

Not a Super high end guitar but, sounds great. Ibanez Artist(AR-100). It's in the shop getting stainless frets, new set of pickups ,a new nut and the finish removed from back of neck then oiled.

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_214645.jpg
    IMG_20220121_214645.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
All that I have are Ibanez these days!
I have a couple of Pia models and 2 J Customs.
Love all of them!

I want a higher end S series in black if they ever come up with one. Unfortunately they have only been doing them in God awful colors. I had one awhile back that was in the 5-600 price range and loved it.

One of my good friends had one in the mid 90's that was black that I loved and I have sorta been chasing that one. They pop up every so often but I'm terribly indecisive when it comes to used guitars.

Only Ibanez I have is my lightly modified RG8. Actually my most played guitar at the moment. I’m primarily a 7 string player but it’s cool to have the extra string for extending chords sometimes.

B98AE38E-44AC-461C-B018-C418043DEC64.jpeg

Rare for Ibanez to make anything interesting left handed so glad I got it when they were available. I almost bought an RG1570L back in high school but chose an American strat instead.

One day I’ll find an RG7420L, I’m almost positive a few of them exist.

Last edited:
Currently it's a draw between my RG2770QZA-WPB (japan only model)

and my RG1550M. Both play like butter. I've been on an Ibanez 'binge" lately , I loved my RG657MSK but the neck was just too thin :(
IMG_4465.jpg
IMG_4437.jpg

My RG3727 is right up there as well :)
IMG_4153.jpg

I have the same one as top of the page. The 2450 but muscle car black instead of muscle car purple. Need some cash pretty bad and thinking of selling. Fantastic instrument!

Back