Looking for a light weight guitar

• Thread starter Thread starter alan67
  • Start date Start date
alan67
alan67
Have to go back to physical therapy for my shoulder and neck and I like to play standing up. Any recommendations for light to super light guitars? I'm open to pretty much anything if it means not being in pain.

How about a Telecaster Thinline? Could drop any number of pickups in it if you wanted, and still have a traditional, versatile guitar.

Anything with a basswood or poplar body is a good start. I have a cheap basswood Ibanez RG320 which is the lightest guitar I've ever played. It has a neck warp at this point (maybe always did?), and had other issues like sharp fret ends, so I wouldn't recommend a budget guitar such that that one. Pay attention to the body wood, though.

I have found that piece of shit guitars are very lightweight. Go on CL and put $50 max in the search question.

Gibson SG.

Mine feels like a toy. Whenever I get tired of hanging some heavy lump over my shoulder, I just grab the SG.

Yep... Parker Fly would be my recommendation as well.

Gibson SG are lightweight but some of them have some serious neckdive

Metalhex":2ugnpnq1 said:
I’ve had a few and never had this happen

An SG is the only option here that isn't a gimmick.

Mine have also never had neckdive, but even if you happened to get one that did, its very easy to remedy.

LP Freak":10gnx0nm said:
Metalhex":10gnx0nm said:
I’ve had a few and never had this happen
Oh, maybe it was just the epiphones then. I had an Epiphone prophecy SG that had moderate neck dive

What do you want to spend?
Tom Andersons can be had at 7 pounds. The Skervesen's I had were all pretty light and very balanced. A balanced axe help you as much or more than just the weight. The Raptors were like 6.5 pounds with balance.

Back