Looks like Lynch is still using that plexi live...2023

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
From my vantage point, doesn’t look like either of those amps are plugged into. But most likely he does have another Marshall backstage as he favors those old ones

From my vantage point, doesn’t look like either of those amps are plugged into. But most likely he does have another Marshall backstage as he favors those old ones
Maybe he has one of those Randall George Lynch Signature model MTS heads behind that he is using? He always had the plexi behind the Randall's when he was supposed to be using the Randall's so now maybe he has is doing the reverse? :ROFLMAO:

I admire Lynch for playing big boy tube amps in dive bars and packing them into minivans to go cross country. The guy is old school and won't do the digital amps.. it does surprise me that he didn't keep the Randall amp and modules going though. Robust amp and the brahma module slays. Easily does those tones without worrying about getting it damaged or stolen.

He did a show here a year or 2 ago.. he used his Plexi & my buddys as well with a Fryette. I bought my buds off of him after hearing it (and George signed it). I ended up selling it recently.
But yeah - he USED to have whatever amp he was endorsing out front, and the plexi turned on in back. I knew his TM a while back, and saw that first hand twice in CT.

Last edited:
The amp is a Fastback (Kracke) 22GT, not the 22S/C.
All of a sudden he's using the shit out of that amp on the 2024 tour.... it sounds really good but seems to lack the punchiness of a 50 or 100 watter even running through the PS2 that he was before.

Why would he have a powerstation on top of the amp if he isn’t using it? I don’t recall him endorsing that brand but maybe Fryette threw him a bone… looks like some pedals behind it as well …

Quick search yielded this.. from the guy who built those amps. So as mentioned à few replies above but a custom version. Sounds good, not any better than his plexi though. Doesn't seem to have the teeth.
1000008139.jpg

Took a pic of his rig last summer before my band did a set opening the show. There was also a JVM as a spare (not plugged in), Tone was massive!!

Attachments

• IMG_2023-08-04-18-49-41-953.jpg
    IMG_2023-08-04-18-49-41-953.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
Why would he have a powerstation on top of the amp if he isn’t using it? I don’t recall him endorsing that brand but maybe Fryette threw him a bone… looks like some pedals behind it as well …
That’s George

I don't find it so surprising. After owning many different amps, I always find myself back at Marhalls doorstep.
Dammit….I have to agree with you again 😂
In the mid 90’s left Marshall to do a 5150 (wanted to plug right in, no pedals and be heavy), then was swayed by the sexy siren of boutique, with an Ultralead, back to Marshall as the VHT was just too controlled and not raw enough, then to an Ecstasy (gooey and big CH3 suckered me in) to once again miss that thing that 6 knob Marshall’s do with the upper mids and top end. Once that tone is in your blood and brain, most modern high gainers will never truly satisfy.

Reactions: Geo
Dammit….I have to agree with you again 😂
In the mid 90’s left Marshall to do a 5150 (wanted to plug right in, no pedals and be heavy), then was swayed by the sexy siren of boutique, with an Ultralead, back to Marshall as the VHT was just too controlled and not raw enough, then to an Ecstasy (gooey and big CH3 suckered me in) to once again miss that thing that 6 knob Marshall’s do with the upper mids and top end. Once that tone is in your blood and brain, most modern high gainers will never truly satisfy.
The blue channel on my Ecstasy was the closest I ever came to abandoning my Marshalls.

It sounded good with every guitar, every pickup and every cabinet. But there was something about it that just wasn't Marshall.

The blue channel on my Ecstasy was the closest I ever came to abandoning my Marshalls.

It sounded good with every guitar, every pickup and every cabinet. But there was something about it that just wasn't Marshall.
Yup, but for some reason I still jones to get another Ecstasy. Wish Pandora’s could be demo’d in the wild.

Reactions: Geo

Back