Lovin my Ecstasy

• Thread starter Thread starter rockerjt
  • Start date Start date
rockerjt
rockerjt
I have been using my Ecstasy for a few weeks with my Les Pauls and my Music Man Axis; damn, this thing sounds great. I can get every tone that I desire out of the amp, and I have found a great clean sound with it too (not that I buy any amp for a clean sound).

I am considering getting a TC Electronic G system to use with the amp. Does anyone out there have experience with the G system and the Ecstasy? if so, how do you think they mate up? Good sound or does the G System sterilize the tone?

I have said it before, this amp is where the bar is set for me; I won't be getting anything else for a long time, unless I can afford to keep the Ecstasy and add a second amp (maybe a Twin Jet). :)

Thanks for the killer amp Bogner.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

XTC's are what they say, pure Ecstasy... Love it.

My 20thA is S I C K ! ! ! ! ! :rawk:

V.

Ventura":1nc8wpp0 said:

V.
Was at Tone Merchants this past Friday and got a chance to play one of these...man, what a GREAT amp (was loaded with EL 34s too). :rock:

I just bought an Uber (Rev 2) and I have a Marsha on the way...but damn, that thing had me thinking some crazy thoughts (like, how do I justify to the wife that I need another??) :no:

Bronco":2oej7ncv said:
Ventura":2oej7ncv said:

V.
Was at Tone Merchants this past Friday and got a chance to play one of these...man, what a GREAT amp (was loaded with EL 34s too). :rock:

I just bought an Uber (Rev 2) and I have a Marsha on the way...but damn, that thing had me thinking some crazy thoughts (like, how do I justify to the wife that I need another??) :no:
Ya diggin' that Rev2? :yes:

Death by Uberschall":1c0lo7ci said:
Bronco":1c0lo7ci said:
Ventura":1c0lo7ci said:

V.

Ya diggin' that Rev2? :yes:
Love the Rev 2!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

I will say that I might actually rather have a TJ with EL 34s though...loved how the depth and presence controls on the power amp worked. Thought the amp was much easier to dial in.

Love the 20th with 34's... a bit of a Marshall bite to the signature fat Bogner mids. Notes have this bloom to them that somehow doesn't get muddied up on fast runs...The Red Channel can get almost as aggressive as an Uber, just not as deep in the lows. The sustain and controlled feedback of this amp is a thing of beauty. Pure XTC/2CB.

To the above poster, I agree ...the 20th XTC and Twin Jet are easy to dial in a great sound...

se7en":34e7jxas said:
Love the 20th with 34's... a bit of a Marshall bite to the signature fat Bogner mids. Notes have this bloom to them that somehow doesn't get muddied up on fast runs...The Red Channel can get almost as aggressive as an Uber, just not as deep in the lows. The sustain and controlled feedback of this amp is a thing of beauty. Pure XTC/2CB.

To the above poster, I agree ...the 20th XTC and Twin Jet are easy to dial in a great sound...

I'm a fan, through and through, 100% die hard - it's a brilliant work of art. The 20thA with EL34's is, I'll say it again, a masterpiece...

Peace Cats,
V. :D

All I run in my parallel is a TC Nova Verb. I would luv to have the Demeter reverb pedal but just a little out of reach right now :(

I really don't need effects with this amp, it is just so PURE and that damn nice.

Line out to a TC2290 and ART SLA 2 for sum wet.

If you can get a 101B preamp with the power section of the 20th, THAT is amazing. It smokes a stock 20th, especially the blue channel.

Back