LTD DV-8 vs. Agile Hornet

• Thread starter Thread starter shred-o-holic
  • Start date Start date
shred-o-holic
shred-o-holic
Well what are your thoughts? And don't sweat the pups.....I'll be going EMG.....

DV8R_BLK.jpg

hornetbk1a.jpg

I think that Agile is made of agathis, not great wood. I don't know what the LTD is made of but if the prices are close and it's something like basswood or alder I'd opt for the LTD.

Mudder":93933 said:
I think that Agile is made of agathis, not great wood. I don't know what the LTD is made of but if the prices are close and it's something like basswood or alder I'd opt for the LTD.

Mahogany and yeah I'm on the prowl for a used DV8.....I've been outbid on one, a forumite backed out on the sale on another, and today the white DV8 I won on ebay also crapped out as the seller changed his mind and refunded me my money.....LOL.....I wonder if I'm even meant to have a DV8? :roll:

If your going EMG then, I don't think agathis will be that big a deal.

:)

I think the resale value of the LTD will be better. I'd go for the LTD.

the agile sounds like SHIT!!!!!! dont get it, it sounds thin and hollow..a guy here in town has one and his tone is AWFUL!!!!...ive been close to hear the guitar without an amp and its all hollow sounding....match that with EMGs and youll be blowin eardrums with peircing highs......NOT GOOD!!! mahogany=EMGs= perfect match.

The_Sh0t":1271f said:
the agile sounds like SHIT!!!!!! dont get it, it sounds thin and hollow..a guy here in town has one and his tone is AWFUL!!!!...ive been close to hear the guitar without an amp and its all hollow sounding....match that with EMGs and youll be blowin eardrums with peircing highs......NOT GOOD!!! mahogany=EMGs= perfect match.

Good info and call.........I ended up with a used DV8 that modded for a floyd and tossed in EMG 81's.....it's just killer.....

shred-o-holic":3be64 said:
Good info and call.........I ended up with a used DV8 that modded for a floyd and tossed in EMG 81's.....it's just killer.....
:picsban: :picsban: :picsban: :picsban:

DV8floyd.jpg

It looks 10x better in person....I need how to figure out taking digital pics......flaws are few and exaggerated in the pic....

shred-o-holic":78e12 said:
DV8floyd.jpg

It looks 10x better in person....I need how to figure out taking digital pics......flaws are few and exaggerated in the pic....

Horribly flawed. It looks like it's coming apart. send it to me and i'll patch it up, maybe throw a couple dollars your way for postage. You don't want that POS!.

:mrgreen:
Very very nice.

The newer LTDs come with Mustaine signiture Duncan Livewires (Active PUPS). They are supposed to be VERY good. Maybe it worth getting a new LTD and save yourself buying 2x EMGS?

Just a thought...

Scott Ians Beard":ec627 said:
The newer LTDs come with Mustaine signiture Duncan Livewires (Active PUPS). They are supposed to be VERY good. Maybe it worth getting a new LTD and save yourself buying 2x EMGS?

Just a thought...

The Mustaine actives are pretty good.....but EMG's are still the best active IMHO.......you must have ignored my posts/pics of the DV8R I just got? :)

guitar_played":d8942 said:
Horribly flawed. It looks like it's coming apart. send it to me and i'll patch it up, maybe throw a couple dollars your way for postage. You don't want that POS!.

:mrgreen:
Very very nice.

Thanks man I'm pretty happy with it.......the Floyd handled the downtuning to Bb like a champ as well.......14-58 in Bb and it feels like a 10 gauge A440 setup.... 8)

shred-o-holic":e993c said:
The Mustaine actives are pretty good.....but EMG's are still the best active IMHO.......you must have ignored my posts/pics of the DV8R I just got? :)

my bad, sorry :D

Back