Mariah

would-cat-meme-sticker.jpg

In the late 70's and early eighties I managed an amazing band in Santa Cruz CA called Stratus. Fusion band. When in the studio it was determined the drummer had severe timing issues. I had to fire him and brought in the funkiest time machine ever. He was 17. His name was Ben Marguilies. Chick Corea saw him at the Catalyst Club in Santa Cruz and hired him and moved him to NYC. While there he saw Mariah perform and after that asked his dad who was an attorney to write up an artist management contract. Ben signed her up and then Sony or CBS bought him out for 5 million dollars. He retained songwriting credits and has done well. Moral of the story- Timing is EVERYTHING!

In the late 70's and early eighties I managed an amazing band in Santa Cruz CA called Stratus. Fusion band. When in the studio it was determined the drummer had severe timing issues. I had to fire him and brought in the funkiest time machine ever. He was 17. His name was Ben Marguilies. Chick Corea saw him at the Catalyst Club in Santa Cruz and hired him and moved him to NYC. While there he saw Mariah perform and after that asked his dad who was an attorney to write up an artist management contract. Ben signed her up and then Sony or CBS bought him out for 5 million dollars. He retained songwriting credits and has done well. Moral of the story- Timing is EVERYTHING!
Yeah also a f6 is too

Back