mayones and caparison guitars?

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
veji
veji
anybody have any experience with mayones and caparison guitars? how do they compare to suhr and andersons?
thanks

I've owned like 4 of each. Mayos are better than suhr or Anderson. Definitely more consistent but also pricier.

Caparison is somewhere between an ibby prestige and jcustom.

Don't caparison guitars have a smaller fretboard radius than ibanez?

I'm not sure off hand. I meant quality wise. They are like a blend of jackson and ibby in terms of feel.

Stealthtastic":16a67kcw said:
I've owned like 4 of each. Mayos are better than suhr or Anderson. Definitely more consistent but also pricier.

Caparison is somewhere between an ibby prestige and jcustom.

What do you like better about mayones vs anderson? I feel like they are completely different animals. Is the quality really better?

Yeah I found Mayos are cleaner. Specifically around where the nut is installed. That being said, it isn't a huge difference in quality.

Stealthtastic":3klrmjxh said:
Yeah I found Mayos are cleaner. Specifically around where the nut is installed. That being said, it isn't a huge difference in quality.

Not accusing you of anything i just have a hard time believing that there are nut issue on Tom anderson guitars. Maybe a few slip by with suhr i've just never heard this before.

mniel8195":2kjlwscv said:
Stealthtastic":2kjlwscv said:

Not accusing you of anything i just have a hard time believing that there are nut issue on Tom anderson guitars. Maybe a few slip by with suhr i've just never heard this before.
I dig TA and Suhr as well as others. The only thing I dislike about the TA nut is that on the Floyded Andersons there is a good space on each side of the nut where there is bare wood. I guess he carves his neck the same for floyd nuts and regular. Don't know if they are like this or if the newer ones are not like this. I owned two and both had the spaces on each side. It always bugged me because it looks crappy.

Back