Members Flooding the Classified Section

• Thread starter Thread starter Metlupass2
  • Start date Start date
Metlupass2
Metlupass2
Can we not let these two members post a separate thread for each thing and bump them all and take up the entire page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240614-130521.png
    Screenshot_20240614-130521.png
    408.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20240614-130534.png
    Screenshot_20240614-130534.png
    512.6 KB · Views: 91
It moves fairly quickly. If you are feeling your ads aren't being moved up enough, I suggest keep bumping them. Maybe add a cute cat pic. Seems to work well these days.

It moves fairly quickly. If you are feeling your ads aren't being moved up enough, I suggest keep bumping them. Maybe add a cute cat pic. Seems to work well these days.

I don't like your answer Mr Mod. Please try again! Its not my ads it's everyone else's.

As Dan said, there's far-better (and less-confusing) exposure as separate ads.

Makes loading ad pages easier (not filled with a shedload of pics).
Makes it less-confusing / more-convenient to be able to scan what's available as thread titles than to be left wondering what might be in a smorgasbord ad.

The only downside I see is the issue of bumping them all at-once. I've spoken at length with complainants and "perpetrators", imploring the latter to bump their glut of ads tastefully. That is, not 20 at a time, but rather limiting it to 4 or 5. That way 20 other peeps won't suddenly feel like they have to bump theirs after being moved off the first page. Even worse, someone might have only just bumped to page 1 and then he gets hit with the 20-at-once-thing and has to wait another 24h (it's the rule) before another attempt to gain some exposure.

IOW, it's all-good but if you see someone bumping a page's worth of ads at the same time, feel free to either point it out in one of the ads or let me know and I'll deal with it.

I totally get how it feels when this happens and have thus far done everything I can to address the issue when it arises, which isn't often. Just remember: If it does occur, it's not in the spirit of community and can be justifiably called-out.

HTH

Fun stuff. Pretty sure one of them is the owner of rig talk and will ban you if he don't like you.

But.....they're separate items so you'll just have to buy them all now.

I like it when I’m at work, bored to tears and I refresh New Post’s and there is actually something new there. I don’t care if I’ve seen it 60 times. It still brings a little bump of excitement to me.

Thats it. Now you got the Shit Throwing Monkey all fired up.
Instead of picking bugs off his mate's fur, he had to babysit the forum.
Lucky I tow a small truckload of toilet paper to work every day; you gots ta be prepared to wipe a lotta ass. :LOL:

Fun stuff. Pretty sure one of them is the owner of rig talk and will ban you if he don't like you.
You mean one of the bumpers?

Whoever any of them is, he or she has to play community-ball. It's a thing. It's the done thing, you know? It's... the thing. :LOL:

I used to consolidate my listings into one post on the Classifieds, but they got reported by other members for not following the RT rules, which apparently state that every item needs its own listing. I don't really care either way, just sharing my experience.

I used to consolidate my listings into one post on the Classifieds, but they got reported by other members for not following the RT rules, which apparently state that every item needs its own listing. I don't really care either way, just sharing my experience.
I didnt even know that tbh.

I prefer to keep them together especially if it's the same category. Like selling 20 pedals vs 20 separate pedal threads but to each their own and rules are rules

That's not what the rules say mate; it's absolutely-fine to group many into one... as long as you provide pics.

Here's the relevant rule. Last sentence bolded for clarity here:
3. MANDATORY! - Please provide clear original pictures in For Sale or Wanted to Trade listing and items MUST BE IN YOUR POSSESSION. Small or blurry images in your Ad may cause it to be removed without warning. No links to Pictures somewhere else. Your picture must be in your ad period.

@Nigel bumping 13 at-once isn't kosher bro'.

Please try to keep it to 4 or 5 if possible mate.

Back