metal head electronics anyone ever heard of

• Thread starter Thread starter Further LO
  • Start date Start date
F
Further LO
i have a all tube preamp made by metalhead electronics the modal is called the elan it was made in hollywood. any help or info would be great

If its a 2 channel,or a 3 channel with a noise gate it was built in the late 80's early 90's,by Elan Memran,i think he still mods Dino's amps in Fear factory,or he did.
All tube hard wired and sought after from dicks like me who also dig Harry Kolbe preamps.

yeah it is a 2 ch with a noise gate it sounds great trying to find out more about it

I have 2 of his Marshall mods....I didn't think anybody else was aware of them!

Here's what Mark Cameron had to say:

"That Marshall you have with the mod was done by Metalhead....its the same mod that Dino from Fearfactory used and the guy from Saga too. There should be a footswitch jack for low and hi gain.....they go from stock 800 style gain to to much gain..not always a bad thing. It also should/might have a built in noise gate too. If you have more pics I could tell you more of whats going on in it.

I have a preamp he made for me back in 89(I think) when I was playing more...Also was going to work for him but he just closed up shop and made some stuff for some other Co that did not get off the ground as far as I know..... I beleave the guy...Elan... is in Fl now and does not do mods or amp stuff anymore..was a nice guy too. If you need any help with it let me know. I have fixed a few of them.

Mark"

cool man i think this one might be a prototype, all the boards are made by hand you can tell, it does have 2 footswitch jacks one for more or less gain , and one for a clean ch, it also has 2 sets of out put jacks one for cleans and 1 for the gain ch it also has a blend switch. it sounds great i will get pics today. Thanks alot guys

Bantam Menace":3b5hr5lr said:

"That Marshall you have with the mod was done by Metalhead....its the same mod that Dino from Fearfactory used and the guy from Saga too. There should be a footswitch jack for low and hi gain.....they go from stock 800 style gain to to much gain..not always a bad thing. It also should/might have a built in noise gate too. If you have more pics I could tell you more of whats going on in it.

I have a preamp he made for me back in 89(I think) when I was playing more...Also was going to work for him but he just closed up shop and made some stuff for some other Co that did not get off the ground as far as I know..... I beleave the guy...Elan... is in Fl now and does not do mods or amp stuff anymore..was a nice guy too. If you need any help with it let me know. I have fixed a few of them.

Mark"

do you have any clips of the marshall mods?

wIsEbLooD":13rojhl5 said:
Bantam Menace":13rojhl5 said:

Mark"

No...I should really make some though. Very underrated amps.

Bantam Menace":22l15m1s said:
wIsEbLooD":22l15m1s said:
Bantam Menace":22l15m1s said:

Mark"

No...I should really make some though. Very underrated amps.

And you should let me check it out next time I stop by. :gethim:

I'm selling an Elan MK II hand-wired all-tube (5 AX7) on ebay! Check it out! It works! Great pics, notice the hand wiring! It was made in the USA by Metalhead Electronics of Hollywood California. You won't see these too often! This thing can produce some nasty edgy tones - sharp enough to slice ice. Well, maybe not ice, but you know what I mean.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-vintage-bo ... 082wt_1185

Also, I'm a nice guy (just ask my mom if you don't believe that) and a reliable eBay seller (and buyer). It's time to clean out the closet, the bedroom, the house, and, sadly, my rack. My wife says it's time to make some room for the kids. Besides, I like the guitar to sound clean, so I don't use the preamp. Also, I need the money.

GtrNiceGuy

i had a peavey 5150 shipped from over your way for 30$ insured. just saying.

You need to get a few more posts in before spamming the board, homie...

Back