MF350 owner, would like some help

rick31797

HI all.. I just bought a used MF 350 head and Cabt. I have read a bit about this head at other web sights.. Some hate others thinks its great.

One comment was they will on end up on ebay... But when i do a seach i see JCM800 head JCM 2000, 900 and so on., so i guess not one size fits all.
Anyways MF350 owners or others, i would like to know your set up,
does anybody just run the head and cabt as it is without any effects.

I would like to know your Favorite settings.

All i have for effects is a Yamaha spx 90, a digital delay pedal and a zoom 505.
I am thinking about a Boss GT-6 or 8 or a Digitech 2101
I still haven't found my sound. I like a heavy low end sound rather than alot of high.
I play classic rock but also heavy, like AC/DC.

I am noticing the fans in the MF350 are noisy at start up and after a min the quiet down.I believe this means they need replacing..I was wondering if i can just go to a computer store and buy replacements.

Cheers Rick

There's a dude in the local scene here who has one and every single time I've seen them, if I'm not watching the stage, I have to go see who's playing because the tone is pretty kickin'. Then I see it's that ol' Mode Four and I leave scratching my head. I've never liked them, but this dude has the best Mode Four sound I've heard, and for a good minute these were the hot amps with the kids around here, so I've heard many live (ouch).

:|::QBB:
CaseyCor":b085b said:
If Daron from SOAD can make 'em sound good, then I'm sure you can!

I'm almost 100% positive that he doesn't use them at all. And I dont even keep up on that band.

which of the 2101 units are you going to get ?
i have the Artist its freakin Increadable

my setups Vary with whatever i can get from it
somedays ill Bypass the preamps other days ill reverse it
and somedays i just got to connect it to something else

thats what friends are for :thumbsup:

nwright":007c4 said:
There's a dude in the local scene here who has one and every single time I've seen them, if I'm not watching the stage, I have to go see who's playing because the tone is pretty kickin'. Then I see it's that ol' Mode Four and I leave scratching my head. I've never liked them, but this dude has the best Mode Four sound I've heard, and for a good minute these were the hot amps with the kids around here, so I've heard many live (ouch).

there was a local band around here that was a similar scenario...had a pretty bitchin guitar sound using an MF halfstack

me and my other guitarist went down to try one tho, spent a good half hour with it, and couldn't get it to sound decent at all

So much Marshall MF350 bashing. It's not that bad a head. Its just way overpriced. It can get similar sounds to the Marshall 8100 heads (which are extremely popular)

That said, I don't think you'll find a "great" AC/DC tone in a MF350.

How about a JCM 2000 TLS or a JCM 800 2203.
which would give you alot of Bottom end and close to that AC/DC sound.. I know they use green backs for speakers.

If i can find a 2101 i would like to get the artist model.. anybody ever have a GSP21

Rick

rick31797":a15cf said:
How about a JCM 2000 TLS or a JCM 800 2203.
which would give you alot of Bottom end and close to that AC/DC sound.. I know they use green backs for speakers.

If i can find a 2101 i would like to get the artist model.. anybody ever have a GSP21

Rick

no but i know some people who did
and it wasent up to par for them or me
that is why i chose the Artist model

its takes alot of time with the unit to get used to
if you think you can tweek it on the fly
Thats a NO NO
way to much stuff in those algorthms to just turn a knob and hope for the Best

ive owned mine for about 7 or 8 months now
and im just getting used to adjusting the stuff on the fly
thats along time to get things under wrap :doh:

but the out come of the patch's has been Astoinishing :eek:

I agree the high price tag didnt help the MF350. In
Canada the list price on the head was 2195.00 and the 400 watt Cabts where 1795.00.
I think used today your looking around 1500.00 for the head and cabt. I got mine for 950.00 which i think is a decent price..
Good enough that i should beable to use it for awhile and get my money back if i go to something else.. I dont play out so it should stay in pretty good shape.

I agree the high price tag didnt help the MF350. In
Canada the list price on the head was 2195.00 and the 400 watt Cabts where 1895.00.
I think used today your looking around 1500.00 for the head and cabt. I got mine for 950.00 in the US , which i think is a decent price.
Good enough that i should beable to use it for awhile and get my money back if i go to something else.. I dont play out so it should stay in pretty good shape.

Back