might be old news by now...Gilbert with Marshall

:|::QBB:
Marshall Freak":26333 said:

I wouldn't think it has anywhere near the gain he'd want or is used to using. I'm guessing he's using a lot of pedals?

It's got alot of sag... at least the one I played. He's gonna have to boost it with an OD pedal like you said. But yeah, he's been on a pedal kick lately I think. As much as I love PG's playing... the VM still blows! LOL! :D

Vrad":cfe9b said:

It's got alot of sag... at least the one I played. He's gonna have to boost it with an OD pedal like you said. But yeah, he's been on a pedal kick lately I think. As much as I love PG's playing... the VM still blows! LOL! :D

I think it blows as well. I tried one the other day again and it sounded like shit IMHO. I plugged into a Lonestar combo that pissed all over it.

carlygtr56":94648 said:
If I had to make a choice between new Marshalls,
I'd keep the VM over the JVM.

Would you really? I am honestly kind of surprised. My opinion is colored by the fact that you and I play two completely different styles though.

Marshall Freak":f9eab said:

I wouldn't think it has anywhere near the gain he'd want or is used to using. I'm guessing he's using a lot of pedals?

Dude, have you played that amp yet? There is a lot more gain then I use available :thumbsup: I am running the body and detail below 12:00 and I can nail anything from AC/DC to Judas Priest.......John

carlygtr56":1803e said:
If I had to make a choice between new Marshalls,
I'd keep the VM over the JVM.

Dude, I made the same choice. The JVM is a killer amp, I just think the VM has a more organic, raw vintage tone and that is what I am after :thumbsup:

Marshall Freak":dd971 said:

It doesn't have the gain that Gilbert would need but it would get it with a good OD pedal.

riffy":b45e5 said:
I didn't like the VM at all honestly. I liked the JVM MUCH BETTER. And I don't care who plays what.

Be nice, you do to care about what I play and I am a VM boy :D U love me and U know it :lol:

Back