Misfits fans...

• Thread starter Thread starter jonny toetags
  • Start date Start date
jonny toetags
jonny toetags
I decided to get all my Misfits CDs out for a listen and i think i prefer Graves' vocals to Danzig :(

Either way ...Misfits :bang:

woah - now I don't know about the Graves comment - but yes, the Misfits do indeed rock!!

>|<>QBB<
killshot":62308 said:
woah - now I don't know about the Graves comment - but yes, the Misfits do indeed rock!!

Don't get me wrong, I love 'em with ole' Glenn, but i like Graves' vocal styling a bit more. Less Elvis-y :D

I got an interesting story about graves. I used to work selling cell phones in a mall at a little kiosk. Graves had just wrote a book and he was going to different book stores, signing some songs and signing his book. Just my luck all the other employee's call out of work. I am stuck there alone. I call my boss and ask if he will come watch the store for a little bit and he says no and if I leave I am fired. I needed the job so I couldn't get fired. Finally after a little while I say the hell with it I can find another job, the misfits are my favorite band, and I'd be a fool to miss this. Just as I lock the register I hear "Hey, are you the kid that can't get out of work to see me?" sure enough, there is graves in full corpse paint with an acoustic guitar inside my sprint kiosk. We talked for a while and come to find out some crazy black lady that used to try to hug me daily heard me talking to my boss. She went up and got him, and I finally gave her a hug haha. So graves pops up on the counter and starts jamming out some misfits tunes and we hang out for a bit. We talk and everything is cool. I grab his martin and start playing dig up her bones. Next thing you know, me and graves are jamming in my kiosk with a crowd in the middle of a popular mall. Thats a day I will never forget. He also gave me 2 autographed posters and tried to get me to leave the kiosk to go to the show he was playing tonight at the worcester palladium. I had to turn it down, but I wish I didn't.

wsith all that said, Danzig is still a better singer haha.

P.S. I just got back from EB games... get your chainsaw ready!!!!

>|<>QBB<
Joshtruction":b7137 said:
P.S. I just got back from EB games... get your chainsaw ready!!!!

Hell yeah!

We went 'public' last night and got our asses kicked by some kids from Mexico :D

>|<>QBB<
jonny toetags":588ca said:
>|<>QBB<

Hell yeah!

We went 'public' last night and got our asses kicked by some kids from Mexico :D

I play mexicans in lost planet.... them dudes have thier shit together in that game. I should stop hijacking this and post in the GOW thread haha. I am not sure what public is... I have only played one player not online for GOW. I will learn tonight. There are death matches right?

>|<>QBB<
Joshtruction":9a1d9 said:
>|<>QBB<

I play mexicans in lost planet.... them dudes have thier shit together in that game. I should stop hijacking this and post in the GOW thread haha. I am not sure what public is... I have only played one player not online for GOW. I will learn tonight. There are death matches right?

Oh..sorry.
What i meant was normally, we host a private match (invitation only), so we just play each other.
But last night, we made our session public, meaning anyone could join.

If we can get us 4 on one team it would be cool. If not we'll just play 2 on 2 privately :)

i dont like the graves album save for one song. the haunting. excellent tune. but it just can't live up to the classic glenn material.
but mike always seemed super cool!
i wish i could say the same for glenn. or myke hideous.

>|<>QBB<
Joshtruction":83abe said:
I got an interesting story about graves. I used to work selling cell phones in a mall at a little kiosk. Graves had just wrote a book and he was going to different book stores, signing some songs and signing his book. Just my luck all the other employee's call out of work. I am stuck there alone. I call my boss and ask if he will come watch the store for a little bit and he says no and if I leave I am fired. I needed the job so I couldn't get fired. Finally after a little while I say the hell with it I can find another job, the misfits are my favorite band, and I'd be a fool to miss this. Just as I lock the register I hear "Hey, are you the kid that can't get out of work to see me?" sure enough, there is graves in full corpse paint with an acoustic guitar inside my sprint kiosk. We talked for a while and come to find out some crazy black lady that used to try to hug me daily heard me talking to my boss. She went up and got him, and I finally gave her a hug haha. So graves pops up on the counter and starts jamming out some misfits tunes and we hang out for a bit. We talk and everything is cool. I grab his martin and start playing dig up her bones. Next thing you know, me and graves are jamming in my kiosk with a crowd in the middle of a popular mall. Thats a day I will never forget. He also gave me 2 autographed posters and tried to get me to leave the kiosk to go to the show he was playing tonight at the worcester palladium. I had to turn it down, but I wish I didn't.

wsith all that said, Danzig is still a better singer haha.

Cool fucking story man!!
I love me some old Misfits - Skulls anybody??!!

we should get some misfits drum tracks and have some misfits jams ;)

>|<>QBB<
jonny toetags":af8cf said:
I decided to get all my Misfits CDs out for a listen and i think i prefer Graves' vocals to Danzig :(

Either way ...Misfits :bang:

Since I am not an old Misfits fans from the 80s, I don't have a Glenn bias so I have to agree. I think Famous Monsters is a classic. 8)

Back