modifications on egnater modules...?

• Thread starter Thread starter rudomat
  • Start date Start date
R
rudomat
is there any place to find infos about modifying egnater modules like that one:

http://www.grailtone.com/guitar-tone-ar ... tions.html

...not that they´d need so much mods, but the cod f.e. for me has a little much gain...
or would it be possible to try some mods on the higher gain modules to get a little closer to the mr.scary-randall module...?
or - i´d love to see an evh 5150 module!!
any hints?
thanks a lot!
rudi

Even though I think anything but an LED mod is sacrilege on an Eggy module, you can get info personally from many people around here.

Dave Friedman, he has a forum here on rig talk.
Pete - the guy with John Belushi in his avatar
Jeff Hilligan - Bruce's right hand man.
etc.

Before you mod, swap as many tubes as humanly possible.

I was really not loving the SL2 when I first heard it. Tried it with Chinese tubes, as many people rave about them. Just not for me. Popped in some different NOS tubes, totally different animal and character.

Aeroic here says that 5751s in the COD are amazing.

Exhaust the tube swapping option first.

RockStarNick":3o24bhb7 said:

I was really not loving the SL2 when I first heard it. Tried it with Chinese tubes, as many people rave about them. Just not for me. Popped in some different NOS tubes, totally different animal and character.

This^ :rock:

Well if you are looking for a 5150 type tone, supposedly the 5150 was modeled after a Soldano SLO which a lot of guys compare the EG5 module too. There probably would be market for Bruces take on a bitchin 5150 circuit, unless of course the EG5 is already pretty close.

RockStarNick":3v10tyzm said:

The 5751s work awesome in V1 of the DLX, BMAN, SL, COD, and VX. Haven't tried it on any other high-gain stuff yet, but the 5751 rock in the low-mid gain stuff for sure!

Muudrock loves them too, and jason (jngman69) really likes the 5751 I sent him as a thank you for borrrowing the BMAN in his BMAN in V1 :)

Eric

aeroic":3idpko67 said:
RockStarNick":3idpko67 said:

The 5751s work awesome in V1 of the DLX, BMAN, SL, COD, and VX. Haven't tried it on any other high-gain stuff yet, but the 5751 rock in the low-mid gain stuff for sure!

Muudrock loves them too, and jason (jngman69) really likes the 5751 I sent him as a thank you for borrrowing the BMAN in his BMAN in V1 :)

Eric

I've gone to JP 5751 in V1 of all my modules except EG5. Mostly Tung Sol in V2 as well. These are what sounds best to my ears. SL2 is perfect with this combo.
At any rate, tube swapping will produce changes in gain, tone and feel of the module. Not dramatic changes, but definitely apparent.

Valtiel":1iudtwkd said:
Well if you are looking for a 5150 type tone, supposedly the 5150 was modeled after a Soldano SLO which a lot of guys compare the EG5 module too. There probably would be market for Bruces take on a bitchin 5150 circuit, unless of course the EG5 is already pretty close.

serious deal
get th new EVH 5150-3 4x12 cabnet and you will get EVH, in a stadium way
With the rebel,seminar,4100 it really captures Eddies vibe in a big way.
:thumbsup:

Back