My guitar center shipping luck ran out today

acidvoodoo
acidvoodoo
Wtf were these idiots thinking shipping a 2k amp like this!? One layer of bubble wrap and two boxes taped together. Literally across the country, Cali to New England. Jesus fucking christ.

Amp is fucked. One chassis screw is hanging out of the bottom and tranny is bent. I can’t believe the headshell is intact. Powers on, no distortion, volume and gain all the way it’s barely like a loud tv.

IMG_3939.jpeg

Brutal! And a damn shame for a nice amp like that. Sorry to see this happen.

I guess you haven’t realized the large majority of people are mentally deficient imbeciles. Anytime someone is shipping something to me, i repeatedly tell them, “ahh, hey dude, make sure to pack it really well.” Then I say, “dude, if this shows up, and there is even the tiniest mark, I will spend my own money to cross the country if need be. When I do, you will be shocked at what I am capable of. Trust me, this isn’t something you want to experience. Sorry if threatening your life hurt your infantile feelings, but I’m super sick of receiving damaged goods. Remember, I will hurt you if need be, just package it properly.”

I am so sick of hearing about this happening. This should NEVER happen. It’s totally unacceptable, especially from a big retailer like the simpletons at guitar center.

This is an outrage!!!

Well, that sucks. Positive note is that they’ll give a full refund at any guitar center. I always talk to my sales guy before buying it over the phone and tell him to make sure it’s packed good. Usually luck out.

That’s packed by people who don’t give a shit. Even a layperson would feel the weight of the amp and know that that packing is incredibly inadequate. It’s inexcusable that someone who works at a place that receives and ships these things would send it like that.
When I’ve had a vintage or hard to find amp coming in the past, it’s nerve wracking because you’re not replacing that piece of gear, if damaged. Even more so if you got a great deal on the price.

dude, sorry about your new amp... Ive had pretty good luck with them... except for once. Split the headshell through the corner. They gave me a discount that made it worthwhile. However, with their new ceo and high prices, I bet they tell you to send it back without offering a discount.

Jesus, that is the worst I've seen. I've bought many thousands worth of used gear from them one the years; only a couple things were horribly packed...all from Fla stores.
If they don't take care of you on this I'd get your CC company involved.

Jesus, that is the worst I've seen. I've bought many thousands worth of used gear from them one the years; only a couple things were horribly packed...all from Fla stores.
If they don't take care of you on this I'd get your CC company involved.
Bunch of years ago I bought a 4x12 from GC that was just thrown loosely in a huge box with peanuts. It arrived in a beat to fuck box but cab miraculously OK. It was that one with 3 good pulsonic early 70s Greenbacks for like $450. From Florida.

It's amazing how a shitty packed item can survive if the gorillas dont beat it up. But nothing can survive a drop from a conveyer that's 12" off the ground. Shit falls like that but they don't own up to it.

Do you remember what store it came from? The Knoxville store sent me a head that was barely packed. I don't know how it didn't end up getting wrecked.

Back