My newest project is complete - 2 tier guitar stand

• Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
MadAsAHatter
MadAsAHatter
Well, this is more like a continuation of my previous guitar rack project. I've started on the ones that will sit on top of those. Since this will be the top part I'm not having to make them as robust as the first set. One of the new racks will be dedicated to Explorer & similar shaped guitars. I plan to offset the rails and maybe attach some chord or something to hold those shapes better where hopefully they won't slide off.

I actually had enough left over material from my other projects where I won't have to buy any extra wood. So far I've glued up some boards to make the sides. I'll likely start shaping and sanding them this weekend. If you look closely enough, the one on the right has the basic shape sketched out. Not shown in the pic, I also have the rails & bracing cut to size.

1692875309971.png

Progressed a good bit this weekend. I'm nearing the finish already. Right now the clear coat is drying. I still need to drill pilot holes for the neck holders and glue the padding on the bottom rails. Since these are a bit smaller, this build went a whole lot quicker than the other set of racks I did.

Here they are dry fit before I did the final sanding and clear.

1693170451482.png

I got everything all finished and setup. In the top left corner of the pic you can see that the shelves on the other wall are a bit in the way . It blocks the blue guitar on the end so the shelf will need to come down. It's not a big deal for now since that guitar isn't ready. I need to refurbish it.

For the explorers, I'm using a bit of paracord to keep them from sliding. On the back side of the front rail are strap buttons. I tied loops on each end of the cord. You can see how it all works in the closeup pics.

1693680601952.png

1693681073232.png

1693681115349.png

Excellent job man! I made something similar a few years ago. I really like your take on it.

Back