My Zoom G2 came in today!

• Thread starter Thread starter comfortablynumb
  • Start date Start date
comfortablynumb
comfortablynumb
This thing is great! I bought it for the effects only.. and I think it's a keeper. Of course, the presets are pretty bad, though the Santana one was nice (just about nailed the Europa tone), so I started with the first one and set up my effects. And before I say anything else, the patch change is lightning fast. No delay whatsoever. Thanks Zoom!

The chorus. flangers, trems, and vibratos sound great. The delays are pretty good.. it has this one called multi-tap delay. It repeats in different selectable patterns. Kind of like a seek trem but a delay. Really cool. I haven't messed too much with the reverbs, but they sound good. The phaser sounds good.. it has a color selector which changes the sound of the phase. Neat feature, there. If anybody's wondering, it does have a ping pong delay. I'm think I have to have a stereo cable coming out of this thing split to two amps for it to work right.. Someone clarify that for me if you can.

Anyway, one of the main features I got this for was the intelligent harmonizer. You select what key and scale you're playing in and off you go. It tracks pretty well, actually.. but it has the occasional wrong note. No big deal, really. It has an effect called "step". I guess it's basically like the step feature off the Boss phaser. Sounds good for weird sounds, really good if you set the tempo with the drum machine. I had a lot of fun earlier with this.

I don't have a footswitch or expression pedal for it yet. I tried using my volume, but I don't have a stereo cable. But.. I thought I'd try plugging my Marshall 2 button footswitch in and it worked! Right now I have the right switch set to bypass the unit, and the left actually acts like an expression pedal. I hit it and it changes the speed of the phaser I was trying it with. I'm not sure how else I can use this thing, but there's many ways to set up a footswitch for it, so I'll see what it can do.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the inability to change patches while it's bypassed. Which means, I have to scroll through effects to get to the one I want while I'm playing. I'm planning buying a looper or a/b switch so I bypass it with that, and switch patches without having to hear them.

Overall, this thing is definitely worth the $100. It will probably replace my chorus and flange pedals soon. If you need a lot of different effects, that sound good, you need to try one of these.

If you have any questions about this thing, ask away, and I'll do my best to answer them.

An intelligent harmonizer for $100?!? I might have to get that. :o

I love playing with the pitch bender thing on the Pod XT like it is a harmonizer and making crazy sounds, but it doesn't do the "intelligent" thing. :(

Yo, thanks for posting in the review section. But, you posted your review in the product field and didn't post a review :P.

Back