NAD: mini Peavy 6505

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
LunatiBSW
LunatiBSW
IMG_7472_zpsoniojz6u.jpg

.....and this thing is perfect for my late night needs. I feel guilty firing up my big amps for late night practice, once I stumbled on this and saw it does 20/5/1 watt. I had to try it. Liked all the 6505 I've tried before, but just have been trying a lot of amps lately. The Herbert mkII is my grail right now, but I'm really enjoying this little head, only had the chance to plug in once for about 30 min last night, and I was getting some AMAZING late night metal tones. Heavy and brutal :rock:
Also has headphone which I haven't tried yet but another cool feature since I basically got this exclusively to play when lower volumes are needed.
Nothing beats the herb when I can crank it up. IMO of course.

These are not my settings, fyi, just my starting point

Anyone else try one of these bad boys?

Yep. I went to a local music store to buy some strings and saw a 6505 mini sitting there. I ended up sitting there for about 2 hours playing it. These amps are a LOT of fun. The clean channel is the greatest surprise. The reverb is a nice surprise too. You can just sit around shredding all day on it. There are tons of features. I didn't care much for the 5w and 1w power modes for the gain channel, but they were OK on the clean channel to coax a bit more of the EL84 breakup without having to crank it. The gain channel was better at full power on any volume. I sold my Katana because I wanted to replace it with one of these. I've almost got the money together for one... but now I'm kind of on the fence between it and the Tubemeister 36. Anyway, congrats. It's a really great little amp.

Congrats! Those are awesome little amps! I got to do a product demo of one when they first came out for the retailer that I was working for at the time, and all of us in the studio just had our jaws hanging open. It never even left the studio. The owner just asked us to send him the bill. My old band even brought one along to gigs as a backup amp and used it opening for Queensryche when the other guitarist's amp failed. Peavey nailed the spirit of the 6505 in a compact head at a really killer price point. Enjoy it!

I love mine as well! red channel is awesome for the tight ryhthms and I dig the crunch side boosted as well. many great tones in that amp! Here's a quick video I did. Most if this is direct out, would have sounded way better mic'd but I wanted to record it direct.

I have one and really dig it. They seem to get little to no love around here but mine has been perfectly reliable and a lot of fun. For the $$$ I think it's a damn cool little amp.

I have one and absolutely LOVE it. That Green channel is the shit; does clean to mean with the crunch you can go all the way up to 80s hair metal without even switching channels.

Looks like there's a few guys on here that like it as much as I do. I was shocked at how it's like the big one.

I love mine, clean, crunch, lead channels are all fantastic. Great deal for $350.

^ $499 new. Which is still worth every penny.
I got mine free from gc bux, which is even better :rawk:

Back