NAD (Muller Mustang)

• Thread starter Thread starter duesentrieb
  • Start date Start date
duesentrieb
duesentrieb
Marc Müller was part of the german "tube town" DIY community(where I'm a member) before he decided to go "pro" some time ago. This is his flagship model, the Mustang, which arrived today here . . .

P1020491_1.JPG

Just awesome. Three channel (four sounds on the fly), switchable loop, mute, 100/50 Watt switch and loads of voicing switches for each.

Built like a tank in neatest possible way. Just f*cking awesome.

P1020487_1.JPG

Clips to come on sunday with a detailed review of all channels/voicings/sounds. Just played it here at home and was already deeply impressed.

Olaf

I have a nasty flu, so please forgive that in this vid I'm even paler than the wall :D
Just channel 1/2 with Strat/LPC - more to come soon.

Heavy stuff by Lasse Lammert (also known as "metalaxe" in several forums . . .

Can't wait to hear the clips, Olaf! This guy's work is like a piece of art - just beautiful layout and attention to detail. They look amazing, but I've never heard one...

Steve

Looking forward to your review. Seems like an extremely well put together amp. Any similarity to a you know what ? ;)

Hi Steve, Hi Tom, Hi Gary

yeah, and he's a cool dude too, hard to understand with his strange south german accent . ..

Sounds really versatile, but honestly, I'd rather hear you demo it... that playing style was not really conducive to a good amp demo IMO...

Steve

Holy crap that looks amazing. Congrats, bet it sounds killer, if not...... hehehe

Hi Yoeri,

channel 1 gets some very nice clean sounds, breathing-like (unfortunately the vid doesn't show this), the internal boost for it results some super nice bluesy tones. Channel 2 is an excellent example how to create an 800-ish crunch which can easily reach hotrodded areas without getting too harsh or nasty. Channel 3 is a nice and creamy lead channel. A super versatile amp, not ultra high gain, but a players amp, made for stage - IMO. I'm keen to play it loud the next days . . .

Wow, that's a really interesting sound. I like it a lot! Seems like there are a lot of different sounds in it. The workmanship is marvelous as well. Good stuff!

I only heard the best things about Müller amps. Great purchase. I'm surprised you buy a finished product instead of a modding platform, that is so not you :lol: :LOL:

But congrats, HNAD!

Sounds awesome! I'm gonna have to own one of his amps one day...

BTW - that was a FAR better demo than the ham-fisted chord slamming the builder was doing against every different sound he dialed in. You're playing appropriately for the sounds you dialed... well done! Looking forward to more and bring the METULZ this time... :rock: :lol: :LOL:

Steve

Thanks a lot, loudgtr.

Steve, I do love the clean (it is not a Fender clean) and bluesy side of this amp. The boost ("2") adds a triode and this nice mild overdrive to it - amazing (I have to copy that circuitry :D ).
Channels 3 and 4 to follow soon - although I'm not too happy about the result, I should have used more high mids on the amp (kept the eqs for all vids at noon)

Thanks for the very kind words, Steve.

Absolutely fantastic demo and playing. Nice work. Someone like you saying this amp is great really makes me want one.I am sure you have already blueprinted the circuitry. Are you impressed?

holy crap! was that nice! it really makes single coils sound meaty.. but still retaining the top end. must be very 3-D sounding in the room. the gain channels seem to retain the amps characteristics but it doesn't get muddy.. but tighter. A+ imho. i liked it alot. more clips and vids please. :thumbsup:
p.s. hope you feel better soon. :)

Back