NCD!! (Marshall content)

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
LunatiBSW
LunatiBSW
Marshall jcm900 Bottom cab! (No angled cabs for me)
I like gT-75’s. They have a cool sizzle for metal. I have a 412 FL v30 cab and separate FL k100 cab, that I’ll be mixing with this Marshall cab, guess I could try it with my slax cab too.
I’ve learned I like to mix speakers, more so I like mixing full quads. So I’ve been getting cabs to combine.
I liked my UberKab sound a lot but sold it cause I could hear the baffle a little bit (cause they use Velcro and Minimal vecro at that, to keep the front baffle on)
So now I can combine my v30 diezel cab and this Marshall cab for a similar but more massive sound :rock:
Got it for $350, too good a deal. It’s in great shape for its age. Couple little scuffs and that’s it.
What’s funny is I was going to visit my twin sister, who just had a baby. The guy lived 3 miles from her,
So it couldn’t have worked out better. Easy acquisition, and I won’t feel
Bad about throwing this cab around. :rock:

OdcRunql.jpg

WOW, good price on that. Ive been looking for a marshall 412 slant jcm 800/900 to load my scumbacks into.

Great price!! Looks like it's in really good condition, too!

FWIW, I tried mixing speakers in one cab before. While I did find some good combinations, like you, I've had better results by mixing cabs with different speakers in each, but all the same in each cab.

Happy NCD!!

I’ve found a really cool thing to do with those cabs with 75’s is to add an additional grill cloth on top of the existing cloth. Like adding small check or basketweave or even another layer of black. It cuts a little bit of high end and also protects the speakers more from front end damage.

bhuard75":2jitj43f said:
WOW, good price on that. Ive been looking for a marshall 412 slant jcm 800/900 to load my scumbacks into.

They can be found for great deals, my only gripe is the plastic handles and jack plate.

psychodave":2jitj43f said:
I’ve found a really cool thing to do with those cabs with 75’s is to add an additional grill cloth on top of the existing cloth. Like adding small check or basketweave or even another layer of black. It cuts a little bit of high end and also protects the speakers more from front end damage.

Nice tip, I’ll have to try that.

ChurchHill":2jitj43f said:
Great price!! Looks like it's in really good condition, too!

FWIW, I tried mixing speakers in one cab before. While I did find some good combinations, like you, I've had better results by mixing cabs with different speakers in each, but all the same in each cab.

Happy NCD!!

Thanks dude! Wall of speakers always sounds better :rock:
Ever since I started doing it, even at home, it just sounds killer, even at low volumes.

glpg80":2jitj43f said:
HNCD!!!!!!!

It looks to be in amazing shape!

Thanks! It’s looks great for its age. Sounds awesome paired with my diezel v30 fl cab.

Nice!!! Congrats!
I've been digging mixing cabs lately. Currently running a G12K-100 loaded 2x12 on top of a 412 loaded with Heritage greenbacks. The volume between the two is off due to the inefficiencies of the greenbacks, but it sounds cool none the less.

Back