new Dunlop Slash wah in stock @ m123

• Thread starter Thread starter 4nkam
  • Start date Start date
4nkam
4nkam
For anyone interested, music123 has the slash wah in stock now :)

:)
395122.jpg

393088.jpg

393091.jpg

393090.jpg

393093.jpg

393094.jpg

400981.jpg

393089.jpg

mJ

It's not THAT bad :p I'm pretty sure I paid close to that amount when the 535Q came out and although this one doesn't have the Q or boost, it has a bunch of other cool features :)

mJ

My JerryP GCB-95 Wah cost less than that. Then again, I bought the GCB-95 like 4+ years back when they were around $50.

CFH one has more options. That alone would make me choose the CFH.

CFH:
*5 way range selector
*boost
*Q control
*fine tune control

Slash:
*Bass control
*mid control
*high control
*distortion on/off
*gain control
*volume control

mJ

WTF, where'd they hide all those controls?! :-# See what happens when you open your mouth when forgetting to do research? :oops:

:D

The bass/mid/high are internal controls :) Distortion/gain/vol are mounted on the outside though.

mJ

Yeah, figured as much. My volume and mid controls are internal, where as my Q and Bass are external. I just wish I had that clutch setup like the CFH has. That looks really cool. Then again, I want a Dunlop 2SR, but I could never justify the price of those considering I rarely use my wah as it is.

170 isn't bad at all for a wah in a cool custom colour with a dist circuit added. i always felt that for me, wahs sounds better with an added volume and gain boost.

Its a great wah and I love mine. I sold my Teese and dont miss it at all.

Just one question.. out of curiosity (and excuse my ignorance about wah wahs... I really have no idea)...

Would be possible to use that Slash wah pedal with the DCR-2SR Crybaby Rack Module ?? : or that would be "stupid", or non-sensical ??? Would that improve the rack ? or on the contrary, would be a waist for the slash pedal ?

This one:

DCR-2SR_Crybaby_Rack_Module.jpg

Thanks ;)..

And another stupid question... what would be BETTER... the rack module, or the Slash one ???

The rack. However, the things costs like $600. I sent my wah back into JerryP to have the following mods done:

Custom made circuit board to allow me to switch between a custom wound Halo fasel, a Red fasel, or both at the same time. Switch will be on the side of the wah.

Switch on the side of the wah that will allow me to shift the range of the wah up or down a few notches.

It already had the following when I sent it into him:

True Bypass
LED
Q Control
Bass Control
Mid Control
Volume Control

I might have him throw a Fulltone pot in there while I'm at it as well. :) My goal was to get a wah that's as versatile as a rack wah without the price. I think I pretty much have done it. ;) Actually, my wah has some features no production wah in the world has.

That sounds pretty cool :) I've been curious about serial inductors lately too. You should badger jerry about doing his rack wah :D

As far as the rack/slash pedal go, it definitely won't work because the 1S/1SR/2SR use pedals simply as the controllers and the wah circuit (majority of it) is in the rack unit. The pedal itself only has the pot and a few other things for the switching, leds, and signal.

Sidenote...Slash uses a custom rackwah now too. It's his signature rack wah and it's basically a cross between the 2SR and his signature pedal shown in this thread. When they do smaller shows he uses the sig wah pedal (not the rack) though.

mJ

Hey, thanks for the answers...

And now my question is... is the Slash rack available for sale ??? if so... where ???

Ben

Yeah it's like $750 and very limited. You can buy it from Dunlop BUT I doubt it's worth the extra $$. I would just get a 2SR from Dunlop. Or...I know of a place that sells new 2SRs for 10% off :)

mJ

Back