New Fender Player II Strats and Teles with chambered Ash or Mahogany bodies and upgraded hardware. Rosewood or Maple fretboards.

Man, Fender kills me. They always seem to come out with stuff that’s like 90% cool, but the remaining 10% ruins it.

They’re finally bringing back rosewood boards, the choice between ash and mahogany bodies is a great option, and there are some solid colors this time around… but the bodies are chambered. Womp womp.

Man, Fender kills me. They always seem to come out with stuff that’s like 90% cool, but the remaining 10% ruins it.

They’re finally bringing back rosewood boards, the choice between ash and mahogany bodies is a great option, and there are some solid colors this time around… but the bodies are chambered. Womp womp.
Chambered bodied strats actually sound pretty good to me, they have a little more "air" to them. Probably not the best heavy music option though.

Chambered bodied strats actually sound pretty good to me, they have a little more "air" to them. Probably not the best heavy music option though.

I wish I liked them. I agree that a chambered body can do cool stuff to the highs for sure, but I find they can also produce buildups in the low mids that I find tubby sounding.

Maybe Fender has worked some magic here though. The new series certainly looks great otherwise for sure.

When the series first got announced I really wanted the all black Hardtail Mustang. Hell I just might get one still, in the future.

I had a Mustang once and the problem was with the bridge, it was set up right but the bridge was a nightmare. Kinda like the bridges for some SE PRS guitars where you have to hard-rock the bridge back into position in order for the guitar to get back into tune

I wish I liked them. I agree that a chambered body can do cool stuff to the highs for sure, but I find they can also produce buildups in the low mids that I find tubby sounding.

Maybe Fender has worked some magic here though. The new series certainly looks great otherwise for sure.
Mato Nanji of Indigenous was the first guy I ever saw using a chambered body strat type guitar. He was using the big Matchless head and a 4x12 and had a good tone, somewhere between SRV and Jimi. I saw him twice and the Matchless went up in smoke on both gigs. :LOL:

I thought I would dig a maple board Strat but they went and put a lot of finish on the fretboard which I’ve always hated from Fender. Rosewood board ones play pretty good though.

Maple boards have always been my favorite. I like the thick gloss finish too.
Maple board is my favorite for a fender but I like a worn or non-gloss board. Might ask my local guy how much for him to properly remove it but the fret size didn’t rock my world either (barely tall enough). But a gloss can make frets feel smaller than they are with how grippy it is.

Back