New Herbert.. to me anyway

• Thread starter Thread starter supahd
  • Start date Start date
S
supahd
I'm a part of the club now thanks to rick13.

Running the herbert with a 4x12 nyc and a g-system.

Anyone using this setup and have any advice on the loop?

I used the insert from the g-sys on the input of my MKIV in my previous setup, tried using it this way on the herbert and it will need some tweaking.

Loving the amp so far though.

i like to run my effects in the serial loop.

much easier to tweak than in parallel.

doesnt really detract from the sound, peter did a great job with the effects loop.

Congradulations Supahd! I hope you enjoy it. :)
I used to run exotic effects such as your G-System, but have found that the less complicated effects are far easier to work on stage, and get the amp to sound more natural in all situations.
I only run a T.C. G-Sharp through the parallel loop now and just use the mix control to dial in the amount of effects I desire.
A compressor, EQ, wah and volume pedal are put through the front end using a Radial Loopbone so as not to degredate the amps initial tone.
pedalboard1a.jpg

C-4,

Thanks for the congrats and advice. The g-sys is actually really simple though, I went from a pedalboard full of analog effects to a 1u rackunit and a floorboard controller that switches channels and effects etc. The g-sys runs filter/comp etc before the preamp as well, the way you would normally run those effects.

I have it all working now using a decimator as well. It's a beautiful thing indeed! :D

I use my Herbert with a G System, into the Serial loop. Works perfectly!!

Any of you G System users pay close attention to the tone alteration using the G System? I have heard that this unit has stellar effects & is very user friendly but colors the tone of the original signal due to the ADA conversion thru the G System in the serial loop. Would like to hear from you users that have paid particularly close attention to this. I will not let any piece of equipment adversely color the tone of my Herbie! Cheers!

jelyfinger":308ef said:
Any of you G System users pay close attention to the tone alteration using the G System? I have heard that this unit has stellar effects & is very user friendly but colors the tone of the original signal due to the ADA conversion thru the G System in the serial loop. Would like to hear from you users that have paid particularly close attention to this. I will not let any piece of equipment adversely color the tone of my Herbie! Cheers!
This is done by every processor out there no matter how good it is.
That's why parallel loops and mixers are for.

The Rocktron Expression has true bypass and does not color the tone even thru the serial loop. I realize that most everything out there is processed thru ADA converters but I am asking how good the converters are in the G System.

i use the isp decimato/g system/herbert combo as well. i love it! check links for sounds.
oh yeah our other guitarist uses a vht pittbull with no pedals or effects and everyone tells me how sweet my rig sounds compared to his. i dunno just thought i would throw that in cuz he uses nothing except an amp and les paul. peter did a fantastic job with his amps loops, thank you peter!

Back