new here what are the specs?

• Thread starter Thread starter wwhhaatt
  • Start date Start date
W
wwhhaatt
am I missing it or is there not a thread for standard specs on these? Im really intersted in the guitars but id like to know what woods are used on a base price guitar.

All prices are posted here.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=543

Base prices are listed at the top.

It should explain everything, if you have any more questions let me know.

:jugger:

I saw the prices but what is a standard guitar? What woods are used ? Will you only do 1 volume knob? It doesnt say what is featured on the base model guitar.

wwhhaatt":924d2 said:
I saw the prices but what is a standard guitar? What woods are used ? Will you only do 1 volume knob? It doesnt say what is featured on the base model guitar.

correct me if i'm wrong, but they're almost fully custom. aside from standard body shape (juggernaut, singlecut, etc), it's up to the buyer. i've seen pics of the most basic and the most exotic woods used in these guitars. however, i don't own one so i'd say contact mctallica.

Standard is not a accurate phrase, I guess.

"Base" models, are:

ANY domestic woods,
Body: Mahogany, Maple, Ash, Basswood, etc....
Neck: Maple, Mahogany, etc...
Fingerboard: Rosewood, Maple, Ebony

Scale length is up to you.
Control layout is up to you ( within reason )
Bridge is string through

Basically, there is no "standard" or "Base" model considering you get to pick and choose everything, but if you stick with the "base" model specs, then you can keep your costs down on a "custom shop" guitar.

Does help any? Let me know if I left out anything.

Juggernaut":d682d said:
Standard is not a accurate phrase, I guess.

"Base" models, are:

ANY domestic woods,
Body: Mahogany, Maple, Ash, Basswood, etc....
Neck: Maple, Mahogany, etc...
Fingerboard: Rosewood, Maple, Ebony

Scale length is up to you.
Control layout is up to you ( within reason )
Bridge is string through

Basically, there is no "standard" or "Base" model considering you get to pick and choose everything, but if you stick with the "base" model specs, then you can keep your costs down on a "custom shop" guitar.

Does help any? Let me know if I left out anything.

Yup...what he said :\m/:

I have 3, a 4th in the que and a 5th that I am just waiting on my next turn in line. By the time that one gets started, I am sure I will have an idea for the next one (already have a basic concept :-k )

Back